33 • safe

"You're not even trying to win!" Luke yelled at Ashton while I beat his ass at karaoke. "You can't let her win just because she's your girlfriend."

"Then why don't you try?" I asked Luke and he gladly accepted the challenge.

He switched places with Ashton and I gave him the remote to pick the song. Everyone was just cheering for their team and it was amazing. Jane and Anna, who I didn't warn, didn't seem to care about the guys being here. Jane even seemed to hit it off very well with Calum but I warned him I'd kill him if he made a move on either of them.

It was nice to have both of our friends get along.

"I'm going to beat your ass at this song." Luke said when he had finally chosen a song. He had went for Killer Queen, a song they had covered themself so chances of him losing just got a lot smaller.

But I didn't mind, I've done every song on this game and know all lyrics. But I wasn't a professional singer. One single doesn't count right?

But I did my best anyway and it was close, so close.

"Fuck you're good." Luke said as his part was over and all that's left was a solo for me to either win or loose. "Ashton wasn't letting you win at all."

"She's the karaoke queen for a reason." Jane said from behind me.

"If you want to win, all you have to do is annoy her or make her laugh." Ashton said dead serious as he put popcorn in his mouth. I just tried not to get distracted by them.

"It's going to be a tie." James said as the last verse came on the screen. I was trying so damn hard to win and I got rewarded for my efford.

"One freaking point." Luke said annoyed as my name came on the screen as winner.

"And the karaoke queen remains queen." I said as I got up to go take a drink. I handed the microphone to Anna who took my place.

"Just be easy on me, I suck at this game." Anna said with a laugh, Luke handed her the remote and she was quick to pick out a song.

"Hey" I said to Ashton as I sat down beside him with a beer for him and a coke for me.

"Hey" he looked at me with a smile and kissed the side of my head.

"Thank you for inviting them too, it really means a lot to me to have my best friends and you guys all together" I said with a smile as I looked at him before looking at the others again, where Anna was losing terribly to Luke.

"Anything for you, it's nice to have them all together." He said with a big smile as he looked at me. I could tell he had something to say but we really haven't had a moment alone since this morning. Luke stayed after lunch and we worked so long on the song that by the time we were done, everyone was arriving. So I just had to wait untill they would leave.

"Show some compassion to us poor medstudents Luke." Jane said with a laugh.

"We're still 5 points behind on the scoreboard so you better win Luke." Michael said as he started cheering for Luke.

"I have a feeling game night with 8 competitive people wasn't exactly our best plan." I said to Ashton silently.

"Everyone is having fun and that's what counts." He said with a big smile.

"Sam, John is calling you." James said as he picked up my phone and held it up in the air.

"That means the delivery guy is here." I said with a smile. I took my phone from him and told John I would be down in a second. I took my wallet and ran downstairs, not even bothering to put on shoes as I've been walking around on socks all night.