Whatever It Takes

Start from the beginning

"See I told you she didn't do anything."

Yeah you can be all high and mighty with your friends if you want to, but you and me? That's a whole other story.

The gang looks all apologetic and stuff, which usually comes right before the apology.

"We're sorry Faith."

And here we go with an apology from Willow.

"Yeah we're really sorry."

Now Xander throws his hat in the ring.

"We were wrong to..."

"Hey, we're five by five guys. I guess I didn't really give you a reason to trust me. Come to think of it, if I were in your shoes I probably wouldn't trust me either. We're cool, but B and I... that's a whole story."

"What do you mean? Why would you guys be different?"

Buffy interrupts in a panic.

"Look that's not important, what's important is that Faith didn't kill anyone so we can untie her."

I move my hands against the ropes and they chafe.

"Good idea, these ropes are starting to bug the hell out of me."

Buffy moves to untie me. One of the Watchers interrupts.

"Perhaps we shouldn't."

What?

"What?"

I had the same thought B.

"Perhaps we shouldn't let her go."

Uh okay.

"Why the hell not? I want out."

I pull on the ropes a bit, trying to break them. Buffy confronts them.

"Why, why not? You said yourself that Faith didn't kill anyone. What's the problem?"

"While it is true that Faith was not responsible for the deaths of the two girls she is clearly not entirely stable. She also has a lot to answer for. The Council has authorized us to remove her to England to face their judgement."

Remove me to England? Dark, rainy, dank and... away from Buffy. Could have potential, maybe I should let them do it.

"Remove her? No you can't remove her. Okay, yes, she's done some bad stuff but she, she's sorry. She's really sorry and she's willing to do what it takes to change."

Giles makes his ever enjoyable contribution.

"If that's true Buffy then perhaps it is best that she face The Council so they can help her deal with what she's done."

She nearly goes insane.

"DEAL? The Council has no intention of helping her deal. They're just gonna lock her up and throw away the key. That's not dealing, that's punishing."

"Buffy this should not be your decision. If Faith truly feels remorse, this should be her decision to make."

Well at least someone's interested in what I want.

Buffy moves between me and the Watchers and faces me in a panic.

"Okay fine, let's do that then. Faith?"

I look up at her in the eyes and I know what I have to do.

I know I only have one choice.

"Go ahead, take me away... it's not like I have any reason to hang around here."

I can almost see her heart breaking.