18. Not The End

Camila's POV

Is it weird that I find the cemetery at 12am relaxing? It's all foggy and chilling, makes me want to snuggle up.

Or maybe it's the fact that I am alone in a place that is quite where all you hear is the wind and the sprinklers.

Sighing, I walk through the fog at a relaxed pace, my thoughts wondering to tomorrow, putting a damper to my mood, but before I could go any deeper, I pauses for a moment, sensing something, but when I see nothing around I move on, carefully now and much on alert as I scan the graveyard as I go.

I stop again when I hear clinking noises coming from a mausoleum to my right, with a frown, I look harder at it and see light coming from inside. I walk over to it, push the door open slightly and peek in.

A guy with a crappy dusty suit and glasses, is chipping away at the wall, exposing a chamber behind it. He reaches in for something, but I pull back and out, closing the door softly, I walk down the steps and turn around to wait for him to come out with my arms crossed.

A few moments later he opens the door and steps out carefully.

"Does 'rest in peace' have no sanctity to you people?" I roll my eyes, as he freezes in fright, "Oh, I forgot. You're not a person."

I sense another vampire coming up from behind me, I turn around and kick him in the gut, then the jaw, then again in the gut.

He takes a swing at me, but I grab his arm and punches him twice in the face as he growls. He swings at me with his other arm, but I duck and catch it, too. Yanking it back, till I hear it snapping.

I have him leaning back, I thrust a stake into his heart, as he explodes into ashes.

"One down," I turn ready for the other one, but I frown, "...One gone." I start to look around but sees no sign of him anywhere. I huff out a, "Great." With slump shoulders and go back where I left my weaponry bag by the white bench.

---

No One's POV

Lauren looks around Camila's room with a soft smile while she waits for her to get home.

Camila climbs up to her window and looks in, only to see Lauren looking into her bookcase. She stays like that for a while, just eyeing Lauren's back.

I mean, have you seen her behind? One word, three letters.

Hot.

But Lauren being in her room could mean one thing, she comes baring bad news.

Lauren still in a trance, and not noticing Camila's arrival, she takes her stuffed yellow bear that has a cute blue bow from the shelf and smiles at it.

Without a word, Camila reaches for her bag and tosses it loudly through the window and onto the floor.

Lauren turns around, startled, gently squeezes bear, "Camila!" She says in almost a yelp, "You scared me." She whispers to not wake anyone up.

Camila climbs in, "Now you know what it feels like, Stealth Girl." She crouches down by her bag and reaches into her hair to pull out a few clips, letting her hair fall down her shoulders and back, not eyeing Lauren, even though she feels those eyes burning into her, making goosebumps erupt.

Lauren's lips part as she stares in awe at the woman before, making her skin tingle and heat up in ways she didn't know was possible, she takes a few quick breathes to calm her racing heart.

"Just dropping by for some quality time with Mr. Wolley?"

Lauren clears her throat and frowns in confusion at that, "Excuse me?"