2. The Bronze

Dark and old candles are lit around the smelly cave/tunnel. It smells like death and dust.

Taking a few hesitant steps forward, like a lighting the smell of blood consumed me making scrunch my nose in disgust. Looking to my right side to see a pool of blood and white dress beautiful dress making me smile a little.

It's empty but I can still hear footsteps from my other side. Looking to where the sound was coming from. I tensed as I heard the voice that's making every hair in my body stand.

"I'll take you... like a cancer... I'll get inside you and eat my way out..." A voice said, dripping with promises and death making me shiver. My heart started thrumming, I look at the shadow that's slowly making it's way towards me before suddenly a loud roar was heard out of the shadows before a pale demons face popped in front of me with red eyes that paralyzed me and sharp teeth's ready to--

---

Jolting awake, eyes snap wide as my hand smacked the side of my neck. "Whaa..." I breath out trying to calm my nerves and beating heart.

Feeling a hand on my shoulders, I jump in my seat, accidentally hitting my head as I winch and yelp in pain. I look back at the person ready to knock them out until I saw it's my mom. My features soften as I rub the right side of my head while looking at her with confusion.

"Woah... I didn't mean to scare you." Sinu said with concern taking over. "You okay?" She asked with her hand still on my shoulder.

Looking around, we were in the parking lot of our new house that we moved in a few days ago.

I let out a sigh and compare it with the house back in L.A. This one felt cozy and small. The one back in L.A, was huge to the point I barely saw my family. Having everyone close felt nice. Especially now that I get to see more of Sofi.

The thought of my little sister puts a smile on my face. I look back at my mom and drop my hand from my head to my neck, rubbing it softly then down to my lap. "I'm sorry Mami, I just had a weird dream is all." I say with an awkward smile. She was about to say something but I beat her to it. "C'mon, I bet Sofi is destroying the house already." I say with a chuckle when I saw her eyes widen as she rushes in forgetting to close the car door behind her.

Shaking my head, I get out of the car and close both doors before heading into the new house that is going to be my new home.

"SOFIA CABELLO ESTRABAO! GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" I heard my mom yell in the kitchen, a bubble of laughter leave my lips knowing Sofi is probably dancing right now.

"But Mami it's fun!" Sofi said laughing from the top of the dark brown kitchen table as she dances to the Bob the builder's song that's playing in the living room.

Seeing my mom shake her head, I decide to come in and help. "C'mon Butterfly Queen1, I missed you today and I want a hug." I say with a pout, outstretching my arms.

"Kaki!!" She exclaims, eyes bright. She jumps down from the table and rushing towards my open arms. "I missed you too." She says softly now making me hug her tighter.

When I pulled away I look at my 14-year-old sister. She has long dark brown, soft hair. Eyes big and light brown with so much life that makes me want to shelter her from this world.

I nod towards mom but my eyes never leaving her bright ones. "Go say sorry to Mami." I lean closer to her and lowered my voice, "You know how she gets when we don't listen to her." Seconds later, she is out of my arms and into our mother's.

Sofi and I didn't see each other a lot back in L.A. Everything was intense back than with every step I take and it got worse especially when I found out that I was the slayer and can't talk about it in fear it'll put them in danger.