1. New school...Same Life?

Camila's POV

Well here I am, standing in front of the school that hopefully won't kick me out.

Did I just really just jinx myself. With a groan and slump shoulders I mumble to myself, "Great..." As a small ghost smile plays on my glossy lips when I see the students running around with grins in their face. Some had smiles, some had frowns and others were already reading books make me frown but the smile never left.

Sunnydale High, wearing my pink sweater that had the word 'Fabulous' on and my black skater skirt, even though it is sunny, I couldn't help but feel cold from how nervous I keep denying I am. I didn't bother with my dark brown locks this morning as I just ran my fingers through it a couple of times making it as un-crazy morning hair as possible, I didn't want to be late on my first day.

Sighing as I wet my lips, I squeeze the straps of my black and brown backpack and took a step forward when I saw the students that were running around like wild animals few seconds ago are now heading in. When I was about to do the same, I was stopped by my mom, Sinu Cabello–turning around she has on her brown shirt and a long jacket with blue jeans.

"Honey–" She says from inside the white ford car, lowering her head slightly so she can have a better look at me. When I nodded at her for her to continue she did, "Don't worry about anything, I know you're going to make friends in no time. And–and." I know what her next words were which made me bite my lower lips and swallow thickly, "Try not to get kicked out." She says with a small awkward smile.

I chuckle just to lighten the mood as I scratch the back of my neck, "I promise." I say as confident as I wish to be, with a last awkward smile, I walk away from my mom as fast as I can so she doesn't end up saying other things that'll make this hard and unpleasant as it already is.

I walk in the white and orange hallway just as the first warning bell rings, students were hanging around, hugging and laughing with their friends. This only sends a pang of jealousy, nervousness and sadness as I remember my friends back in L.A. If I hadn't done what I have, I wouldn't be here at all.

Letting out a breath while running my fingers though my hair, I rolled my shoulders a few times to find as much confidence to help me through the day. "Let's not dwell on the past here Camila." I mumble to myself while looking around. "Okay." I whisper and nod to myself, I need the principal's office. Walking down the crowded hall with consciousness was not how I planned.

Minutes later with clenched jaws from tension and nervousness of not finding the principal's office is making me sick to the stomach. I was about to give up when my eyes landed in bold letters, 'Principal's Office Here' with an arrow aiming at the brown door on the right and I thought it would calm my sickness but I guess I was wrong when I felt my stomach twist in nervousness at this situation I am in.

Making my way towards it wasn't as easy as I thought but it did push the sickening feeling for a little while. Bumping my shoulders with edger students isn't as fun as it looks like. Specially when they're taller then you.

Once I finally reached the door I breathed out and swallowed thickly three times, "Here we go..." I mumble out with a shaky breath as I knocking on the door hearing a faint 'Come in' from the other side.

Opening the door, it's a normal sized office with certificates around, pictures of students and a small book place on the left side corner. He had a grey carpet and plain white walls. In the middle of the room sits his desk and the principle, which is Mr. Sandler. Looking at him, he has a short black hair, slightly tanned skin with brown welcoming eyes. 'He's cute for a principle.' I thought with a soft smile.