When I walked into the kitchen, a whole bunch of people yelled "SURPRISE!". What the hell? A voice in my head said. I was blinded by the bright colored balloons. I turned around to see if they were talking to anyone standing behind me but I looked at the huge hellokitty cake in the middle of the dinning room table that said 'Happy Birthday Maya!" in pink cursive letters. Shit! How could I have not paid attention to my birth certificate! I looked at the cake in disgust. I saw my brothers and parents, but the rest of the people, I didn't know. One lady came up to me and gave me a warm hug. "I'm so glad we got to come see you!" she said pinching my cheeks really hard. "Maya this is your grandmother Addison" Audrey said running over to us.

"seems like you guys were fans of the letter 'A' " I said with a small laugh. "And this is your grandfather Fredrick" Audrey pointed to the man walking slowly towards me and giving me a warm hug also. "both your father's parents died 2 years ago, I wish they were here to meet you too" he said sadly. "come blow out your candles!" Addison said, motioning me to the table where the cake was. I tried my best not to look like I didn't like it, but my face had a hard time forming a smile.

"oh honey you don't like it?" Addison said after snapping about 500 pictures. "its not that, its just I'm not really the hellokitty type of girl" I said apologetically. "that's odd because you adored hellokitty when you were younger" she said with a small smile. "well, go ahead, make a wish and blow out your candles" Patrick said excitedly. I closed my eyes, making my wish, then blew out my candles. Audrey cut everyone a piece of cake as I greeted and bonded with all of my family members and opened presents, which consisted of a few sketchbooks, paint, and stuffed animals, which I love. Jordan walked over to me with a cup of punch in his hand and the other in his pocket.

"I missed you lastnight baby sis" he said shoving my shoulder with his own. "okay I'm 18 now, you don't have the right to call me your baby sister or little sister" I said taking a bite of my cake. The cake was actually really good despite the decor. "okay okay I won't" he laughed putting his hands up in defense. I just laughed and rested my head on his shoulder enjoying the sight of my family.

"we have one more surprise for you" Audrey said blind folding me. We began to walk and I started to get excited but nervous hoping it wasn't a huge hellokitty piñata hanging from the tree out front. She took the blind fold off and standing inches away from me was a tall masculine figure. It was Austin. He walked towards me with a red rose in his hand. He had on a red trukfit shirt, black pants, and red high tops. My wish had come true.

"well, go ahead, make a wish and blow out your candles" Patrick said excitedly. I closed my eyes, making my wish. 'I wish Austin was here' I said in my head. Then blew out my candles.

"happy birthday Maya" he said as he got closer. He held the rose out to me and I grabbed it and held it up to my nose. It smelled beautiful. Beautiful isn't even a scent but, it smelled beautiful. Our eyes met, a small smile forming across both our faces. I then ran and jumped into his arms unexpectedly causing him to almost fall. "thankyou" I whispered as he tightly wrapped his arms around my waist. "we'll give you guys some time alone" Audrey said and I heard the front door shut. Him being here made me wonder if everything that we talked about at Travis' house was all a distraction. "What about what you said earlier?" I asked him. "Im never giving up on you Maya. You should know that by now" he whispered.

A car honk interrupted our beautiful moment and Austin put me down turning to the car.

"guys a few more minutes come on!" he yelled. The front and back window rolled down revealing one guy in the front and 2 guys in the back. They all said 'happy birthday' while laughing histerically, rolling the windows back up. "sorry, those are my friends" Austin chuckled. I had never met Austin's friends before. Of course I've heard Michelle talk about them multiple times, but I never really listened to even know any of their names. "why are they here?" I asked not trying to sound rude. I actually wanted Austin all to myself now that he's here.