"... No," Gajeel hissed.

Acnologia wasn't convinced.

They took off towards Tenrou... and surprise, Freed and Bickslow got the upper hand, almost immediately. Levy broke the rune gate put down by Freed allowing Gajeel and herself to escape... but everyone else had to wait.

Acnologia got into position and waited patiently for his opponent to face him. Usually, he made sure to teach the candidates an important lesson. While he was waiting he decided to kill time by listening to what was going on around him.

Rogue and Frosch faced their opponents, Lucy and Cana. Sting and Lector faced Laxus, Levy and Gajeel were taking the peaceful path... poor Gajeel. Wendy and Lyon were fighting Erik.

"Wendy I really don't want to hurt you," Erik pleaded.

"That's okay Oniichan," Wendy smiled as Erik and Lyon fought. Wendy was using her supporter magic.

Lisanna and Juvia were fighting Erza, Natsu was fighting Gildarts, Elfman and Evergreen fought Mira, Gray and Loke fought Ur... but where were the two that came to the island first? Then Acnologia remembered that he had placed himself at the end of one of the longest tunnels in Tenrou.

He heard a cascade of swearing as Bickslow and Freed came closer.

"How f*&%^$# long is this tunnel!" Bickslow groaned.

"Patience Bickslow," Freed sighed.

Then they reached the end where Acnologia was waiting patiently.

"Never mind, I liked the long tunnel," Bickslow said quickly.

They... weren't becoming S-Class wizards this year.

Bickslow and Freed lost but, they were both in high spirits for Acnologia was still rubbing the arm where they had hit him. Lisanna and Juvia lost, Natsu won, Elfman and Evergreen won in a peculiar manner, Gray and Loke lost, Sting lost but was much happier when he learned that Rogue was going on. Cana and Lucy nearly beat Rogue when Cana summoned a frog card to distract Frosch, but in the end, the dragon slayer and exceed emerged victorious... the girls didn't mind, Cana and her father began to enjoy some drinks... as did Makarov. Gajeel was angry that he didn't get to fight but after a scolding from Levy to be grateful, Gajeel shrugged and cooled down. Then Erik and Wendy walked out. Erik looked horrible and was shivering, Lyon was unconscious, and Wendy looked fine.

"What happened?" Acnologia asked.

"I beat up Lyon," Erik growled.

"Lyon almost won," Wendy smiled.

"Only because you restored him!" Erik cried, Cubellios hissed... it almost sounded like laughter.

"He was my teammate," Wendy argued.

Erik sighed, "Well, I should have expected to sustain some injury when fighting the sky maiden," he growled playfully.

Wendy smiled and began to heal her brother.

The second trial was to find Mavis's grave, simple enough... not.

Acnologia strolled around the island listening to the struggles of the other teams. Then he smelled Zeref. He was on the island; he had been too caught up in the activities to notice. He began running towards the presence when he smelled someone else. Acnologia recognized his scent as well.

"Acnologia, it has been too long," Hades smiled emerging out of the shadows.

"Praline? What the heck are you doing here? I thought you were dead?" Acnologia asked.