Chapter Twenty-Two

Landing near the SHIELD base proved to be a bit more difficult than they planned as flying in one of Thanos' spacecraft sent alarms off in the base as they prepared for what they thought was another attack. Fortunately, when landing on the ground and revealing themselves to all the agents, Sam sent the order for them all to stand down. Loki, Thor, Brunhilde and Tony made their way out of the ship and into the facility. Walking through the building, the four of them took in all the damage that had been done and the repairs that were being done to fix them. Sam then led the group into a small conference room where Maria, Bucky, Wanda and Peter were all seated.

The four took their seats and Sam went to stand next to Maria. Loki looked over the group and took in their injuries. Tony had glanced over at Wanda and let out a sigh as he leaned forward in his seat.

"Wanda... we're sorry for your loss." He told her.

Wanda remained silent, staring at the wall in front of her.

"Let's talk." Maria cleared her throat.

"Given that you all flew in on one of Thanos' ships, I'm assuming he attacked you as well." Sam stated.

"He did." Tony replied.

"And what brings you here to us? Your home is without protection. He could come back and try and-"

"He has Alice." Loki interjected.

A silence washed over the room as everyone's attention landed on Loki.

"Knowing that he ambushed you and has the mind stone in his possession, him taking Alice means that he can access her powers of the Tesseract and, ultimately, only needs one more stone to rid the universe of half its population," Loki explained. "So, as you can tell, our home is no longer in need of protection as he has what he's wanted for many years now."

"We're sorry to hear that," Sam responded. "My best guess as to why you've come here is because you're going after him and need reinforcements."

"Yes, that's exactly it."

"Thanos took the blueprints you gave us. We have no weapons that could easily take him down." Maria added.

"I know of one weapon that can kill him and I know exactly where it is." Loki told them.

"Where is this weapon?" Bucky inquired.

"If you agree to come fight with us, we'd be taking a short detour to Sakaar where the Grandmaster lives. His brother, Taneleer, apparently gifted him one of his items from his collection. He never does that. The Grandmaster told me and Alice that it had been a sword and if his home was to ever be attacked, he should only save the sword. Now, at the time, I thought nothing of it except that Taneleer knew Thanos was coming for him. After everything that's happened, I firmly believe the sword that the Grandmaster has is the stolen sword that belongs to Death herself."

"Wait... death is an actual... being?" Peter furrowed his brow, trying his best to process what was being said.

"She is and that sword can kill anyone no matter how powerful they may be. Thanos most likely went to Taneleer for the sword tracing it back to him, but Taneleer had given it away. So, after this meeting, we make our way to Sakaar and get the sword from the Grandmaster. Luckily, I still have his favor after all these years so it should be a fairly simple mission." Loki continued.

"But if Taneleer said that the Grandmaster should save it in the event of an attack, what makes you think he'd give it up so easily?" Sam questioned.

"Like I said... I have his favor." Loki smirked.

Brunhilde rolled her eyes, knowing exactly what he meant.