Chapter Eighteen

Everyone inside the barrier paused as they heard an explosion around them. Loki watched on in amazement seeing the barrier turn completely green. Thanos clenched his fist, trying to combat the energy fighting against the reality stone. Loki's eyes widened as he saw Corvus get hit with a blast of energy, sending him flying into one of the pillars. As the green mist cleared, everyone turned, hearing someone begin to cheer.

"Yeah! That's how we do it! Come on!" Haldane shouted.

As happy as they were to see them, Alice and Loki knew their children were in danger just by being here. Skye immediately felt a sense of dread as she took in Thanos' image, finally seeing him in the flesh. However, that sense of dread quickly became filled with rage as she remembered what he did to her father. She raised her arm into the air and conjured a sword. The other siblings did the same with Arlan conjuring two to give one to Haldane. Putting their weapons to the sky, Skye smirked and narrowed her eyes at Thanos.

"For Asgard!" She yelled.

"For Asgard!" The others added.

The four of them then entered the structure and began charging at Proxima and Corvus, who was running towards the distracted Loki. Erica was quick to shoot at Corvus, protecting Loki from getting hurt. Haldane and Arlan went after Corvus as Proxima got ready to take on Mánadis and Skye. Alice went to Loki's side and readied her batons, pushing her powers into them as she stared down Thanos.

Not needing to work with the barrier, Erica decided to remain up in the air and assist when needed. Proxima charged at Mánadis and Skye, and deflected Skye's attack. Mánadis swiped her sword across Proxima's cheek and cast her magic to disorient her as she stumbled backwards. Skye then swiped her legs against Proxima's ankles, knocking her to her knees. Taking a moment, Proxima smirked as she rolled herself back, getting back on her feet. Skye thrust her sword forward only for Proxima to catch her wrist and punch her across the face. She then turned to Mánadis and kicked her in her abdomen. Hunching over, Mánadis took the opportunity to thrust her sword forward, piercing Proxima in her side. Letting out a cry, Skye then lifted her leg to kick Proxima in the jaw, knocking her onto her back. As the two girls hovered over Proxima, they stole a glance as they thought of what to do next. Before either could make the next move, Proxima bent her legs and kicked them forward, hitting Skye in her knees and sending her rolling back from the force. Skye hit her back against one of the broken stones and lost her grip on her sword. Seizing the opportunity, Proxima began running to get the weapon with Mánadis trailing behind her. In an instant, Mánadis' breath hitched in her throat as she stopped in her tracks. The tip of Skye's sword less than an inch away from her throat as Proxima wielded it, smirking. Mánadis backed away slowly as Proxima walked towards her. In the corner of her eye, Proxima spotted Erica shooting an energy blast towards her. She then moved her sword to deflect the blast.

"Seems like you're in over your head, girl." Proxima snarled.

"Maybe... maybe not." Mánadis replied.

Proxima furrowed her brow as Erica flew towards her. Aiming the weapon, Erica sent another blast in Proxima's direction. Going to deflect it once more, Mánadis used her magic to manipulate the energy to ensure it stayed on its desired path. Proxima was sent hurtling back to the end of the cliff. As she fell off the edge, she reached out and held onto a protruding rock, doing her best to get back on the island without falling into the sea.

Erica landed next to Mánadis and patted her back.

"Go get Skye and stay low."

Mánadis rushed to Skye's side and helped her to hide behind some of the fallen stone.

Thanos laughed loudly as he fought against Loki and Alice, knowing exactly every move they would make. Loki then used his staff's powers to manipulate some of the stone pieces and throw them in Thanos' direction. Before they could hit him, he used the reality stone to turn them into drops of water. Loki thrust his staff forward and grunted as Thanos grabbed hold of it. Using the power stone, Loki let out a cry as he felt forced to let go of the staff. The two watched as Thanos crushed the material in his hand, rendering the weapon useless. Needing to stay armed, Loki conjured his daggers. As the three continued their fight, Alice's eyes widened seeing Erica fly into view and kicking Thanos in the head.