Chapter Twenty-Six

After a moment, when everything settled, slowly but surely, the Chitauri and Black Order began to turn to dust. Once they were all gone and seeing how powerless he was, Thanos limped towards the group.

"Why have you left me? Why not snap me away with all the others?" He asked.

"Because you're not mine to kill." Alice replied.

Loki furrowed his brow as Alice walked over to him, placing the sword in his hands.

"It's time to bring an end to all the pain and suffering you have felt," She smiled. "He's all yours."

As Thanos tried to run away, Alice raised her hand and used her newfound powers of the stones to freeze him in place. She then brought him to his knees and smirked.

"Show him no mercy." Alice whispered.

Loki tightened his hold on the sword as he stalked towards Thanos. It felt good to finally be looking down at him. Alice wrapped her arm around Erica's waist, holding her close as she kissed the top of her head.

Thanos swallowed the lump in his throat as Loki looked down at the sword.

"Like I said once before... you will never be a god."

And with one forceful swing, Loki decapitated Thanos, ending his reign once and for all. They all watched as his head rolled on the floor while his body fell limp. Loki threw the sword to the side and suddenly became overwhelmed with a feeling of unease. He stumbled backwards a bit and Thor was quick to grab hold of his shoulder.

"Brother?" Thor asked.

They all rushed over to the two and Alice quickly took his hands in hers.

"Loki?"

He smiled weakly as he placed his hand on her cheek, finally being able to feel her once more.

"Found you." He smirked.

And with that final sentence, Loki's eyes rolled into the back of his head as he began to fall backwards. Tony and Thor were able to catch him and slowly laid him down onto the floor. Alice knelt down beside him and conjured her seidr to assess his body for any damages. After a moment, lice pulled her hand away as tears came to her eyes.

"Is dad okay?" Erica asked softly.

"Yes, but... we have to go home immediately."

"Why? What's happened?" Thor interjected.

"I don't know what he's done, but he transformed his seidr into a form of dark magic. He's never truly trained in it so his body is incapable of supporting it. His seidr is attacking him." Alice explained.

"How do we make it stop? Can we turn it back?" Erica spoke.

"The only way is to remove his seidr and magic abilities, which is why we must go home now so that I can utilize the resources of the healing rooms."

With that, they all got onto a ship and headed back to Norway as quickly as possible. Although their return was met with the villagers applauding their successful return with Alice, they were all determined to make their way to the healing rooms. Once there, Alice quickly found Eir as Thor held Loki in his arms.

"Alice?! Why... What has-"

"No time to explain. Loki's seidr and magic has gone dark and is attacking him. In order to save him, we have to remove it."

Eir glanced over at Loki and her eyes widened seeing the state he was in. She ushered Alice and Thor into one of her rooms and slammed the door behind them, keeping the others out. As they were healing Loki, the Guardians offered to give Sam, Bucky, Peter and Wanda a ride back to their home. Tony, Brunhilde and Erica thanked them all for their help and wished them all the best now that the major threat of the universe had been defeated. They then made their way to the waiting area of the healing rooms.