Chapter One

The sound of harsh footsteps against the stone caught her attention as she picked her head up from the floor. Her arms wobbled as she picked herself up, listening to the sounds outside her cell. In her haze, she could hear faint voices talking to one another as she went to brush the hair out of her face. She had hoped if she did her best to stay quiet and calm her laboured breathing, those outside her door wouldn't hear her and continue moving down the hall. She then furrowed her brow hearing the footsteps stop momentarily. She gripped onto the edge of her bed, or rather more of a stone slab, and stood up on her feet. The woman grimaced as she straightened her legs. She had once been one of the most revered warriors of her time and now she was nothing but a captive, forced to undergo her captor's torture and mind games.

The woman gathered all the strength left in her body to stand upright as she heard the jangling of keys outside her door. When the lock clicked, she braced herself for whatever, or whoever, was outside her door. She then watched on in confusion seeing the door open with the key in the lock. Wondering if her mind was playing a trick on her, she took a step forward to see that there was no one in the doorway. She warily took a few more steps until she was able to reach out and hold onto the doorframe. She peeked her head out the door and looked down both sides of the hall, not seeing anyone. In a moment of desperation, the woman grabbed the key from the lock and began to run down the hall with a slight limp in her leg. She smiled brightly seeing the door at the end of the hall come into view.

"Heimdall!" She shouted.

Just as she was within reach of the door, she gasped feeling something wrap around her wrist. As the cold material tightened around it, the woman dropped the keys and turned her head to see Ebony Maw behind her.

"You know he can't see you here," A deep voice echoed through the hall. "No one can."

The woman flinched as Thanos appeared from the shadows, towering over her. She swallowed the lump in her throat as she held her head up high, waiting for what punishment he would inflict next. Ebony Maw then released his hold on the woman and then used his powers to bring the keys towards him.

"You're in luck today," Thanos smirked. "You get to put your skills to the test."

"How?" She inquired.

"You'll be joining us on a mission."

"Where?"

"Midgard."

The woman's eyes widened slightly as she took a step back, only to feel herself bump into Ebony Maw. His hands gripped onto her forearms as he held her in place. Thanos leaned down towards the woman's face, stopping only a few inches away.

"I've received the most... exciting news." He told her.

"News of what?"

"It seems as though my children have been able to locate another stone and you will be joining us in our efforts to seize it."

The woman glanced down at his left hand at the gauntlet. She had identified the three already on it and shuddered at the thought of him having another.

"Which one have they found?" She inquired.

"Why do you wish to know?" Thanos retorted.

"I want to know if this stone can be used for harm."

She had remembered the countless times that Thanos had used the power and reality stone against her, causing her immense pain. Thanos smirked as he chuckled, quickly grabbing the woman's neck and squeezing it. Her eyes widened as she went to grab at his hands only for Ebony Maw to tighten his hold on her.