Chapter Eleven

"Where am I?" Sif narrowed her eyes.

Alice swallowed the lump in her throat seeing Sif tighten her grip on her weapon. As she went to speak, Loki held his arm out in front of her and took a step forward.

"Sif, she means no harm." He stated.

As soon as she heard another voice, she snapped her head in Loki and Thor's direction. Seeing the two of them, she inhaled sharply, dropping her weapon. Her eyes welled with tears as she looked over the aged faces of Thor and Loki.

"You're home, Sif." Thor grinned.

She let out a quick laugh before rushing towards Thor and wrapping her arms around him.

"Oh, gods, I'm glad you're alright," Sif panted. "But... Loki had died."

"I think we may have some catching up we need to do." Loki chuckled lightly.

Using his magic, he teleported them into Thor's house. Loki then went to start a fire as Thor helped Sif sit down on his couch. He offered her a glass of water and went into his kitchen. Alice sat across from Sif and Loki stood beside her with his hand on the back of it. There was an awkward silence between the three of them before Thor came back and handed Sif the glass.

"Where have you been for all these years?" Thor inquired.

"At first, I went to Midgard. Odin had sent me on a mission there shortly after Loki was pronounced dead."

"Oh, that would've been me," Loki winced. "I didn't actually die. I had used my magic to shield myself and returned home to the palace disguised as Odin after I banished him to Midgard. I do apologize for that."

"I wouldn't expect any less from you, the God of Mischief," Sif groaned. "But, where are we? This isn't Asgard."

"Unfortunately, it isn't," Thor started. "A few years after your departure, it was revealed to Loki and me that we had a half sister named Hela and in order to defeat her, we had to create Ragnarok... destroying Asgard as a result."

"Asgard's gone? That can't be. Surely, our army and the Warrior's Three put up a good fight against her."

Sif furrowed her brow as she looked between the three, taking in their dejected faces.

"Sif..." Loki trailed off.

"What? What is it?"

"Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg died by her hand." Thor spoke softly.

Sif took a moment to process what Thor had said.

"They're dead?"

"We had to start Ragnarok in order to destroy her."

"And why does this Alice Stark have Heimdall's sword?"

"Let's start from the beginning, shall we?" Loki sighed.

They all gathered around the fireplace and Sif listened intently as Loki began to speak.

"After Asgard was destroyed, Thor and I thought it best to bring our people here. For some time, I used my magic to shield us from anyone's view. No one knew we existed here. Many years later, Heimdall received word about Alice and these powers she had related to the Tesseract. Thor and I went to help her learn to control them as well as investigate as she had never been in contact with it since it was thought to have been destroyed during Ragnarok. We also discovered that she was able to control the Bifrost."

"How could she if Heimdall could? How could two people control it at once?"

"We had found out that the reason as to why I have the powers I do have is because the gods had created me for a very specific purpose," Alice explained. "During the reconstruction of your bridge, the gods had used the Tesseract's power to create me and, in turn, some of the Bifrost's energy seeped in. However, many years ago, Thanos had attacked us and Heimdall was killed, but before he died, he passed on his knowledge of the nine realms and his power of sight to me so that I may carry on his post."