Chapter Sixteen

Junior kept his grip on Elli's hand as they sprinted down the mountain with some of the Chitauri tailing behind them. Elli glanced behind her and watched as a Chitauri slammed into the trunk of a tree trying to get to her.

"Why can't we cast a portal like Skye!"

"Because I'm not that advanced! Come on, Elli!"

As the town got closer in sight, they could see the soldiers marching forward with Thor and Brunhilde leading the charge. The two then jumped back as one Chitauri pounced in front of them. It snarled and ran its claws through the ground before screeching to alert the others. As Junior and Elli went to run to the right, they saw a few other Chitauri begin to surround them. The two panted heavily as they thought of what they could do to get out of this. Junior kept thinking of all the lessons Loki had taught him and if any of them would be useful in this moment. Elli hid behind Junior, grabbing his shoulders. She shut her eyes tightly accepting what was to come as they could feel the Chitauri moving in on them. Junior's eyes widened as the Chitauri in front of him went to attack. Before the Chitauri could claw at his face, Junior and Elli suddenly felt their feet lift from the ground. Looking up, they saw Skye in her suit holding onto their arms for dear life as she flew towards the town.

"Told you I'd be back."

"Yeah, but you didn't say anything about those guys!" Junior retorted.

"Are you really trying to argue with me right now?" Skye scoffed.

She then made her way to their backyard and ushered the two into the house.

"Go down into the basement. I'll protect the door with magic so no one can get through it. Stay there and don't come out until one of us comes and gets you."

Elli and Junior made their way down as Skye casted a spell on the door. Knowing that they were out of harm's way, Skye made her way back up to the mountain to help Mánadis.

Thor and Brunhilde could spot some of the Chitauri making their way towards them.

"You'd think he'd give us something new to fight after all these years." Brunhilde smirked.

As Thor went to speak, the two were shocked to see Haldane and Arlan in armored suits making their way towards them.

"What do you two think you're doing?" Thor inquired.

"Fighting with you guys." Haldane beamed.

"Don't be ridiculous. Do your parents know?"

"... No." Arlan chuckled nervously.

"But we want to fight and protect our people. This is why we've been training."

Haldane glanced over at Brunhilde and she gave him a look, biting the inside of her cheek.

"Fine, but stay close." She told them.

Brunhilde rolled her eyes as Haldane and Arlan high-fived each other before standing on either side of her and Thor.

"They really are too much like you and Loki." She remarked.

"I like it." Thor beamed.

As the Chitauri got closer, Brunhilde yelled out a command and all the soldiers wielded their weapons. Yelling out another command, the soldiers then aimed their weapons.

"They do know how to work those things, right?" Brunhilde asked Thor quietly.

"I believe so."

"Didn't Tony just finish them?"

"I'm sure it's nothing they haven't used before." Thor replied.

Seeing the Chitauri getting closer, Haldane looked over at Arlan and waved to get his attention. Arlan turned and furrowed his brow, giving him a look. Haldane then pointed up towards the sky and Arlan shrugged his shoulders, not understanding. Haldane rolled his eyes and then began thrusting his finger upwards. Arlan was still confused and cocked his head to the side, raising one brow at him.