Chapter Four

*One Week Earlier - Norway*

Alice was laying on a lounge chair, taking in the heat of the sun on her body. With her eyes closed, she reached over to her side and lifted a drink from the small table beside her. She took a few sips of the drink before placing it back on the table.

"You know, we have to do this more often." She remarked.

Alice turned her head to the side and opened her eyes, seeing Loki laying on another lounge chair beside her. Loki opened one eye as he glanced over at her, smiling.

"Given that this is in our minds, the sun isn't affecting your natural body temperature."

"It is nice here," Loki beamed. "Thank the gods we developed our bond."

Alice then took her glass in hand and moved it towards Loki. He took his own drink and the two clinked their glasses together before taking a sip. She then looked up and down Loki's body and chuckled lightly, a small smirk forming on her face.

"Nice to see you are really embracing your dad bod."

"My what?" Loki scoffed, furrowing his brow.

"Your dad body," Alice giggled. "You've let yourself go a little bit."

"I do not have this 'dad bod' as you call it. I am proud to say I have kept a good physique after all these years."

Loki gave Alice a look as she laughed at him, placing her hand on his abdomen.

"I had the kids to keep me training, what with them always running around and getting into mischief," He explained. "We did create many tricksters."

"It's in your blood." Alice teased.

Loki beamed with pride as he thought about their children and how they've grown.

"We do have to admit that it was very chaotic when they were smaller." He commented.

"Well, with your mischief and my energy, what did we expect?" She retorted.

Loki reached over and took Alice's hand in his. The two then leaned over and shared a sweet kiss. Ever since Loki discovered he could enter her mind, the two spent years developing and perfecting it to ensure they did it safely. Now, they used their bond as a way to truly be with one another and relax together after particularly stressful days, even if in reality they were asleep in their bed. He then looked over Alice's body and she chuckled, playfully rolling her eyes as Loki moved over to her lounge chair. He laid beside her and wrapped his arms around her, running his fingertips over her exposed skin.

"And you haven't changed at all." He winked.

"I am still a baby god."

The two then looked out at the scene in front of them. The two had agreed to think of a beach for them to meet on. They listened to the crashing of the waves as they creeped up onto the sand. The warm breeze caressing their skin felt soothing to them as they closed their eyes.

"I'm glad you and I are the only ones able to do this." Alice remarked.

"Me too," He replied. "I enjoy the moments when it's just us the most."

Alice beamed as Loki pressed a kiss to her forehead. The two then closed their eyes, feeling a wave of exhaustion pass over them. When they opened their eyes, they found themselves in their bedroom tangled in each other's grasp. Loki grumbled as Alice pushed his hair back behind his ear.

"Do we have to get up?" Loki mumbled against the skin of her shoulder.

"Yes. We have wedding preparations to make."