Chapter Two

"Stephen? What's happened?" Maria inquired.

"You know him?" Sam scoffed.

"He's been in our data files. He's been guarding the time stone."

Sam's eyes widened as he took Maria's arm and pulled her to the side.

"Why wasn't I made aware of that? He's protecting a stone."

"Phil and I thought it best that the less people knew of his whereabouts, the better." Maria quickly explained as Stephen stepped towards them.

"Everyone here is in danger." Stephen told the two.

"Who are you exactly?" Bucky glared at him.

"As I said, I am Dr. Stephen Strange, and Master of the Mystical Arts."

"Oh, a magician." Bucky muttered to himself.

"Thanos and his children have attacked the Sanctum Sanctorum a few months ago. The shield of protection I had over the building was not enough to keep him from finding me. With two of the stones, his powers had been enhanced. We stood no match for him. He destroyed the Sanctum Sanctorum and is now adorned with three of the stones."

Everyone in the room stood in silence as they processed what Stephen had said. Sam took a step forward as Stephen raised the broken relic around his neck.

"Sensing his arrival, I had hidden the time stone in a place I thought he could never find it. During our fight, he had crushed the Eye of Agamotto. When the stone was not revealed to him, his anger had only increased and had been fueled by the power stone. He destroyed everything in his path knowing how close he was to finding another stone."

"You couldn't have come to us any sooner?" Bucky asked.

"I would have but he had used the reality stone on me. I thought I was on another realm and found my powers had been depleted. It wasn't until his powers wore off that I realized where I was and came straight here to warn you all. He knows of another stone here on Earth and in order to seize it, he needs all the powers of the stones to be at their best. That's why I was able to escape. He's going to-"

Stephen cut himself off hearing the static of Maria's radio go off. Everyone directed their attention towards her as she turned up the volume.

"Thanos is attacking! I repeat! Thanos is attacking! Get everyone prepared!" Vision's voice was heard shouting.

"Well, they beat me to it." Stephen chuckled lightly.

Sam began to call out orders, getting some agents to go out to where Vision, Wanda and Phil were for backup.

"If he's attacking, you'll be too late. He most likely already has the stone." Stephen warned them, placing a hand on Sam's shoulder.

Sam shrugged him off and shook his head.

"There's still time to help them."

"He's too powerful for just a few agents. You're sending them to their deaths!" Stephen protested.

"Guys! Look!" Maria exclaimed.

Sam and Stephen turned their heads to look out the large windows and all were shocked to see a large aircraft emerge from the clouds, making its way towards the building at full speed. Sam quickly looked around the room and knew that most of the people in the room weren't armed. Peter didn't have his suit, Bucky was without his weapons, and Sam was defenseless. He knew that at any moment him and his team would be seriously injured, or worse, if he didn't get them out. Had he had the time to prepare, Sam knew he could save them.