Chapter Fourteen

Once the afternoon had started, Arlan quickly made his way into the courtyard without being seen. He paced around the tree, waiting for Kira to appear. After a few more moments, he feared that Kira had changed her mind. Just as he felt like giving up and going to class without an excuse for being late, he spotted her running across the courtyard towards the tree. She laughed quietly, unable to contain herself as she stood beside him.

"Why did you want to meet me here? We're going to be late, I hope you know."

"I know, but what I have to say can't wait any longer."

Kira felt her breath hitch in her throat as Arlan wrapped his hands around hers. She looked up at him expectantly as he closed the gap between the two. Arlan kept his gaze on her hands and took a moment to compose himself before he started speaking.

"I am certain that you, your family, and everyone in this village is aware of the threat against us. I, along with my other brothers and sisters, believe that this threat will be present in the next day or so. With that being said, I cannot go on about these next few days without clearing my conscience. I like you, Kira... a lot, in fact. I've been meaning to tell you for some time now and if you don't like me back that's okay, but I knew I had to tell you today. I would go mad if I hadn't told you and something happened. I know this is a lot to take in and I'm sure you would like to say something or I would hope you'd have something to say to me in response to all of this and-"

Arlan's eyes widened as he felt Kira take his face in her hands before pulling him into a kiss. It took him a moment to register what was going on and when he did he closed his eyes and placed his hands on her waist. The two melted into the kiss and Kira was the first to pull away. Arlan let out a soft moan as he leaned forward, letting the kiss linger. Kira bit down on her bottom lip and smiled until her cheeks hurt. Arlan began to laugh lightly as he gazed over Kira's face.

"You... You kissed me?"

"I did."

"Why?"

"Oh, come, Arlan, you're a smart boy. You can figure it out."
The two laughed together as Kira laid her hands against his chest.

"You like me, too?"
"I do."

"Oh, wow," Arlan beamed. "I... I don't know what comes after this."

"I think this is when you ask if you'd like to court me."

"Oh, okay. Kira... may I court you?"

"Yes!" She replied eagerly.

Arlan quickly pulled Kira into another kiss, the both of them giggling through it.

"You are marvelous." Arlan whispered.

"And you are quite the kisser."

"Well, as they say, practice makes perfect."

"Wait... what have you practiced on?"

In that moment, Arlan stammered as he realized the hole he dug himself into.

"That's not important. Hey! We're late for class! We've got to get going now."
Kira laughed as Arlan placed his hand on her lower back and ushered her back into the hallway. The two then quickly shared another kiss before parting ways and going to their class. After the day had ended, Arlan found Haldane and jogged towards him so they could walk back home together.

"So... how did it go?" Haldane inquired.

"It feels good to know that I can say I had my first kiss before you."

Haldane stopped in his tracks and pressed his hand into Arlan's chest.

"You kissed her?!"

"I most certainly did."

Uniting Asgard [Book Three]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara