Chapter Three

Sif looked over at Maria and inhaled sharply as the recognition set in. Ebony Maw gripped Sif's arm and leaned in close to her ear.

"You know the mission... and you know how he handles traitors to his cause." Ebony Maw whispered.

Keeping her eyes on Maria, Sif took hold of her weapon and aimed it in Maria's direction. Maria held her arm out as the others aimed at Sif, ready to attack.

"Don't shoot! She's one of us." Maria stated.

"She's got her weapon aimed at you." Sam scoffed.

"Sif, listen to me," Maria started. "Whatever they put you through and whatever they are making you do... know that you can come to our side. Do the right thing."
Sif swallowed the lump in her throat as she could feel Ebony Maw's eyes on her.

"Yes, do the right thing." Ebony Maw spoke.

She took a deep breath and looked over the group seeing them with all their weapons aimed at the three of them. She narrowed her eyes and tightened her hold on her sword. As she looked back over at Maria, she glanced behind her and saw a sign with navigation on it. Sif's breath hitched in her throat seeing the word 'Bifrost' written on it. She then directed her attention back to Maria and smirked.

"Release them." Sif instructed to Ebony Maw.

He raised his hand and the team watched as dozens of Chitauri began charging at them. Sif looked back over at Maria and grinned.

"She's mine."

Sif rushed forward with the Chitauri surrounding her. One agent aimed their gun at her and Sif pulled up her shield, blocking the bullet. Sif continued on her path forward, blocking as many bullets and energy beams as she could. She then jumped onto the table and began swinging her sword at the agents that swarmed the sides of it. She ensured every hit wasn't fatal as she made her way forward towards Maria. A few more agents leapt onto the table and ran towards her. Sif put her shield up to cover her face as she charged. When within distance, Sif swung her shield across one of the agent's face and then rolled out of the way as the other shot their gun. She then took her sword and slashed the back of the other agent's leg. They cried out as they knelt down on the table as Sif got up. In the commotion, Sif surveyed the area trying to find Maria. She then heard someone running up behind her and waited for the moment to strike. She jabbed her sword backwards and felt it pierce an agent's side. She pulled it out and turned around. She gripped her sword horizontally and struck the agent in their face, watching them fall backward. In the distance, Sif saw Maria run towards an exit. She narrowed her eyes and ran after her as Ebony Maw, Cull, and the Chitauri did their damage.

Bucky stood at the end of the table with a few other agents beside him, shooting at the Chitauri that charged at them. One particular Chitauri sprinted towards Bucky and would not go down no matter how many times Bucky shot at him. It leapt off the table and onto Bucky, knocking him down and making him lose his grip on his gun. The Chitauri screeched in Bucky's face as he collected himself. He then swung his metal fist across the Chitauri's face, knocking it off of his body. Bucky quickly rolled to the side, grabbed his gun, and shot at its head, killing it. Another Chitauri came his way and as it jumped towards him, Bucky reached out with his metal arm. He grabbed it by its neck and threw it across the room. The Chitauri hit the wall and crashed through it. Bucky then caught sight of Maria exiting the room with Sif going after her. He took a deep breath and chased after them.

Sam and Peter went after Ebony Maw and Cull, taking down any Chitauri in their way. Peter shot his web at a group of them. Once they were in engulfed in it, the web sent off a shock, electrocuting them and rendering them incapacitated. Sam kept his arms forward, sending off energy blasts in their direction, taking out as many as he could. Within distance, Peter pressed a button and released the four extra legs. Just as he went to strike at Ebony Maw, he heard the steel begin to crush. Peter observed the legs and his eyes widened seeing them bend and be pulled off of his suit. He looked back at Ebony Maw to see him with his hands raised and clenched into fists. He then felt himself be raised into the air and thrown to the back of the room. Before he hit the wall, Peter was able to shoot his web at the wall, providing him with a surface to catch him. He fell back into the web and was ricocheted off of it, back towards Ebony Maw. Cull then stepped forward and swung his mace at Peter, sending him flying to the side, crashing into a group of Chitauri.