Chapter Seven

Once the ceremony was over, everyone headed into the dining area for the reception. Everyone began mingling and catching up with one another. Loki immediately made his way over to Alice and wrapped his arms around her waist. She placed her hands against his chest, running her hands over the armor.

"Been a while since I've seen this on you," She smirked. "You look much better with all of it off, though."

She then giggled feeling him pinch her sides.

"What was that for?"

"Just trying to get a feel of the fabric of your dress and if it is easy to rip apart."

Alice's lips parted slightly as she gasped, feeling him press her into him.

"I'm sure the kids will be tired out from all the festivities." He winked.

"I'll think about your proposition."

Loki narrowed his eyes at her as she laughed, taking his hand and leading them to their table. As soon as everyone was seated, Brunhilde and Marilyn entered. The room erupted into applause as they approached the dance floor. Music overtook the space as the two danced their first dance together. Alice wrapped her arm around Loki's as she watched the two, leaning her head against his shoulder. Loki then placed a soft, lingering kiss to her head as he placed his hand over hers.

From their table, Junior and Elli stuck their tongues out at each other as they feigned being disgusted by their parents' display of affection. They then broke out into giggles as Erica raised her brow at them.

"What's wrong with that? They love each other." She scoffed.

"But it's mom and dad." Junior groaned.

"And when you're older, maybe you'll have someone to kiss and hold too." Mánadis chuckled.

Junior's face scrunched together as he shook his head.

"No! I'm not going to marry anyone." He declared.

"That's a bold statement, kid." Haldane laughed.

"What about you, Elli? Don't you want someone to hold and love when you're older?" Erica inquired.

Elli slouched in her seat as she played with the end of the tablecloth, swinging her legs.

"I don't know." She replied softly.

"It's okay if you don't know." Skye rubbed Elli's elbow.

"What if I want to... but someone else doesn't want me?"

Elli watched as her siblings all looked around at each other, wondering who was going to speak up first. Erica pushed her seat closer to Elli's and smiled down at her.

"If they don't want to... they don't deserve you. We are all certain that there is someone out there for you who will love unconditionally and for who you are. You are beautiful." Erica told her.

Elli immediately shook her head.

"No, I'm not."

"Of course you are, Ell," Arlan scoffed. "You are the brightest girl we know!"

"You're just saying all this nice stuff because you're family."

"Now, you know that's not true," Erica protested. "We are telling you the truth."

As Marilyn and Brunhilde finished their dance, Elli took a deep breath and rushed away from the table. Erica reached out to grab her, calling out her name, but Elli had been too quick.