Chapter 1

Arthit's POV

I stretched my body until I heard the slight creak of my lazy bones having not done an iota work after sitting in the chair for over 3 hours. Not that I am complaining ofcourse. No, sir. This was probably the best 3 hours I could spend in the entire day. And I get to do it once again tomorrow, and the next, and then the next. Atleast until I finally graduate. Or perhaps the folks at the library figure out that they are paying me to pretty much sit on my butt every evening, all while handing me free coffee and donuts. And did I happen to mention the never ending supply of comic books? Holy hell, they even have first editions for some of them. This could literally be the place I die and I would be a happy man. And I am getting paid to do this. Unbelievable isn't it? Infact I spent a healthy part of the last hour wondering how fast my mom would beat my ass to oblivion if I seriously considered quitting Engineering to hang around at the library full time.

When the surrounding big name universities in our city came together to build this fancy library I was sure it was the biggest waste of money I could have ever imagined. I mean, c'mon people. Stop thinking like old fossils. Who even visits the library anymore when you can have the entire world's knowledge at your fingertips. And for the purpose of this argument we are simply going to ignore the fact that I spend most of my pocket encyclopedia playing games or take silly pictures.

But then I managed to wander in this place one fine day and it was like I had seen the light. That, or it was a really sunny day and they have pretty big windows. But you get my gist. It wasn't the old school, crummy library of my imagination. It were modern and inviting, complete with an awesome café attached. Oh and of course rows and rows of comics. I am not even sure how I managed to bag the part time job here other than the fact that my 50 year old manager seems to be a little sweet on me. Not that I am at all averse to flashing my dimples every once in a while to get a new batch of donuts mind you. Can anyone blame me though? They are stuffed with strawberry jelly after all.

But before I continue rambling uselessly let's get rid of all the necessary but obviously tedious exposition dump. Who am I? A 20 year old third year Engineering student. What is it that I do here? Pretty much nothing. I sit at the back desk of the 4th floor of the library every day between 7 to 10 in the evening. Sometimes I help people find books, movies, games, whatever else the library houses. Mostly though I eat donuts, sometimes cookies, drink coffee, and binge read the good ole classics. Oh and one more thing, at the end of every day, right before the library is about to shut I have to go around putting back all the books that were checked out and returned or were pulled out for reference throughout the day. And that is pretty much where our story begins.

I was slowly drudging along with the cart full of books, contentedly humming alone with the song playing in my head when close to the other side of the building I came across a few books strewn around a desk. And while I reached to gather one of the larger ones a bunch of papers scattered all around me that were deceivingly hidden between the book's pages.

I grumbled under the breath before I bent down to pick them, instantly annoyed. For heaven's sake people, the library is a public space. How hard is it to pick up your shit before you leave. And I was still very much cussing the public annoyance that had decided to leave the stack of papers within the book when I noticed the notes written on the sheet. And I kid you not my eyes almost popped out of my head. It was almost felt like I was watching an alien or something. And I might as well have been with the way the notes were written. Cause although they were clearly handwritten it could have easily passed off as having been printed. It was just so....so neat. And if it feels like it sounds like a bad word, you bet your ass it is. What loser has that much time to waste to beautify notes about...., I flipped to the front of the book to check the name, 'Principles of Economics and their mathematical models.'

Yuck! Even the name sounded goddamn depressing. No wonder the geek of geeks, in all his neat glory had visited this joint. I was probably still marveling at the multiple color coded notes when I flipped to the last page and let out an involuntary chuckle.

Even Mr. Nerdy Pants can apparently get bored with studying cause other than the first few lines of notes it was littered with random doodles all over the page. A tiny sketch of some fantasy car on the bottom corner. Was that small drawing on the side Bugs Bunny? I think that was Bugs Bunny. Definitely needs some work on that one. Then there was even a small cartoon of a puppy wielding a sword in a seemingly fierce battle with a much larger dragon.

I might have to accept, although begrudgingly, that the kid was probably pretty talented. In fact the more I stared the more I felt that it was an utter waste to trash these papers. Especially all the tedious notes this person had taken. Perhaps I should just leave them at the front desk with a note just in case the person came looking for them tomorrow?

And while I was still contemplating this world altering decision I unconsciously began reading some of the notes on the last page. Turns out he was a lot more bored that I had initially estimated.

"Probabilities: Probability is a relational element. It always must come with a specification of the model from which it is calculated. And then to be of any empirical scientific value it has to be shown to coincide with real data generating proce

AHHHHHHHH I HATE PROBABILITIES!!!!

Hate

HATE

Hate

What is the probability that the mosquitoes here can suck me to death.

What is the probability that one of them is radioactive and gives me super powers?

MosquitoMan?

FlyMan?

SuperFly? That is probably the dumbest name ever.

Do mosquitoes even have any special powers?

Things I know about mosquitoes:

1. They are small

2. They can fly

3. They suck my blood

4. They are annoying as fuck!

The Sucker?"

I smiled to myself as I read the stream of his consciousness, getting funnier by the second as he kept searching for an appropriate name for his super hero persona upon getting stung by a radioactive mosquito. I am not entirely sure what made me do it, but I pulled out a pen from within my pocket and scribbled a few short lines. Grinning away at my own wit, before once again placing the sheets of paper within the thick book and walking up to the back of the floor and replacing it at its respective shelf. Perhaps the kid might come looking for his notes at some point and manage to come across my reply. Who knows? Weirder things have happened.

I gathered my things soon after and began my march back home. Pushing the weird note and its even weirder author at the back of my mind. My face automatically taking on an evil grin when I thought about Kongpob's expressions. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

Letters to my beloved [Complete]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara