Chapter 1: Back home

Start from the beginning

sanazaki: Yeah I guess you guys are  right

minari: I'm in, chae :)

yodtzu: Really? After everything she did?

godjihyo: please tzuyu :/

yoojeong: alright whatever

yodtzu: ugh ok

imnayeon: lets get this over with

sonchaeng: thanks guys <3

[...]

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

People say I was selfish for leaving my family and friends behind.

People say I was selfish for wanting to start a new life in Canada, alone.

People say I was selfish for wanting to pursue my dream as a rapper at the age of 17 despite my dad's disapproval.

People were right, I was indeed selfish and secretly booking one way tickets to Canada was a huge mistake. Moving there with nothing but my suitcase was stupid but being a failure like I was, was way worse than having nothing.

The only good thing that came out of my stupid decision was Wendy. Son Seungwan, or Wendy as her friends called her, is a colleague graduate from Korea. When I first met her she was studying gastronomy and was the only person that helped me when I moved to Canada. She let me, a stranger at the time, move at her house and helped me find a job. She helped me start a YouTube channel in which I would occasionally post covers of known songs. She was the reason I was now one of the biggest upcoming rappers on YouTube with over 200k subscribers.

And here I'm now, at Incheon International Airport in Seoul with my bestfriend Wendy by my side waiting for my brother to pick us up.

"Hey are you okay?" I heard her ask softly. Her worried expression barely seen under the dim street light outside of the airport. 

"Yeah I guess. It's just.. I think everyone hates me" I replied, my voice hardly above a whisper "It's been 2 years I last saw everyone and I've never contacted them ever since I left" I said, looking away from her face and on the road. "I was so mad at everyone for n-not supporting me" I spoke as my voice broke, tears blurring my vision. 

"It's okay, I know" the older girl hugged me, slightly massaging my shoulders. I was trying hard not to cry while regret washed over me and my mind was going wild.

We sat like this for a while until my brother's windshield wiper laugh snapped us both out of our thoughts.

I quickly turned my head around to see my brother Seokjin putting his phone into the back pocket of his jeans and rushing towards us. Wendy took a step back, a wide smile drawn on her face while looking at my shocked expression. The beautiful smile of hers suddenly faded away, though, as my brother froze right in front of me, looking at me with wide eyes.

"J-Jin?" I whispered, confused by my brother's reaction. He just looked at me from head to toe whispering unintelligible words before he grinning hugely at my awkwardness.

I missed his bright smile.

I missed his doe eyes.

I missed his fluffy hair.

I missed his obnoxious windshield wiper laugh.

I missed how close we were.

I missed him, I missed my bother.

"You're.." he started, walking closer "You're gorgeous Dahyun!You've grown so much" he said and hugged me. "You look exactly like mom" he whispered by my ear and my voices got caught up in my throat.

The truth is I look exactly like my mother on the outside and on the inside. That was the main reason my father didn't want me to become an idol, he didn't want me to end up like her.

My mother was a leader in a well know girl group in Korea, but commited suicide when I was 15 due to the pressure people were putting her through. We were super close and she was the only person that made me feel loved for the way I was. After her passing I gave up on school, socializing, and became distant with everyone focusing on my only goal: music
I wanted to be like her
I wanted to make her proud.

Jin pulled away from the hug, slowly kissing my forehead and turning to Wendy "Hi I'm Seokjin nice to meet you" he said, smiling at my best friend.

 "I'm Wendy nice to meet you too" she replied bowing slightly.

 He moved closer to her and took her stuff along with mine "Thank you for looking out for my sister. I thought I'd loose her forever" Jin said smiling sadly over to Wendy who was intensely staring at the older male's face, admiring his beauty. 

"It's nothing! Thank God I managed to drag her all the way to the airport. You guys have a lot of talking to do" the short girl said in a serious tone. Seokjin turned his head and looked at me, humming in response.

We sure have a lot of talking to do.