Answers to Ask me anything

1. What's your fav colour?

Mint green. Or like a pale watercolour blue. A light watercolour turquoise is nice as well! I just love greens and blues!

 A light watercolour turquoise is nice as well! I just love greens and blues!

2. Who is the person who inspired you to write your first story?

I always loved reading and was could read chapter books by the time I was five, but I didn't really enjoy writing. When I was 7, my mum told me that apparently, this book series called Harry Potter was good. One day I ended up daydreaming in assembly and looked at the year fours, thinking "I'll read Harry Potter in year four."

Then funnily enough, in year four, I read them after I forgot about the goal I'd made.

At first, my mum decided that she wanted to read it with me, but then I hogged it around the time the trio find Fluffy and spent the next year  going through them like fire set to wooden houses.

I was inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. I loved the complicated plots and especially the narrative. I like to say that she was the one who effectively "taught me how to write", since my eight-year-old self decided to adopt the narrative voice and not the plot and characters.

By the fourth book, I adored writing and in year five, my writing flourished, because since creative writing was basically just an hour of writing with relaxing piano music on with a thought-provoking pep talk, it really took off the stress of getting into a good school for 11+. If I didn't, I'd go to the local school that apparently had kids that held knifes and stuff.

I developed my own writer's voice, which changed after I started to struggle with writer's block. I managed to finish one of my best pieces in the dark, alone, at 11 pages whilst everyone else has gone out or the quad.

Year seven was a stressful year. I also was still suffering from writer's block, which, if anything, had gotten worse over the summer. But that was the year I found awesome friends at school and made a Wattpad account! :D

Now, my writer's block is gone and I've found that my writing has matured and grown from it and I'm proud of that.

So a few paragraphs later, I can say that J.K.Rowling inspired me to write.

3. Who's your favourite non-hero Miraculous character?

More and more of the characters are/will be heroes so that makes the choice even more hard! Umm...does Plagg count?

does Plagg count?

4. As an author, do you ever feel peer pressure into making chapters?

Not really. A lot of the time, I feel like I've not published something for a while and feel like I really should, so I try and sneak in a little time whilst doing revision for tests and homework.

5. How old are you?

13.

6. What do you do in your free time?

At night, I read for like one or two hours and before go to bed or after breakfast, I do some piano. I also blog, write, draw and paint when I can.

7. What's one of your hobbies?

All of the above, as well as making piano covers for songs I like on the spot. :)