Epilogue

"Mum! Dad!" Sky Fleming jogged inside, throwing his bag and soccor ball onto the couch as he passed.

"Kitchen!" Ivorys voice bounced off the walls.

Sky jogged into the kitchen and smiled as the smell of steak hit his nose. "Yes. Steak for dinner." He throws a fist in the air with a whoop of victory.

His parents roll their eyes from where they stood in the kitchen cooking. Jacob placed a kiss to Ivorys neck before grabbing plates frmthe cupboard and walking to the table. "How was school today?" He ruffled his sons hair and laughed as he scowled and swatted it away.

Sky was an only child. He had a twin but somewhere along the way he somehow managed to absorb them. The doctors said it was rare and there would be no side effects. After that Ivory had said no more kids. With work getting more dangerous she didn't want to throw another kid into the deep end of the ocean and expect them to suddenly be able to fight of sharks.

Sky shrugged and flattened his black hair. He'd inherited his hair from Jacob. His brown eyes came from some kind of genetic mutation. A thankfully harmless mutation. Again doctors said it was fine. It did happen more often than you think.

"It was fine. I got an A on the maths test and I managed to kick the other soccor captains ass too." He'd also gotten Ivorys smarts and Jacobs knack for soccor. Making him a soccor captain.

Ivory carried the pan with the steaks over and put them on a board to protect the table. She kissed his forehead with a smile. "Well we're very proud of you. Now let's eat. I've been dying to have steak yet never had the chance to cook any." Her smile widens as she sits.

With her back turned to him Sky wipes at his forehead making Jacob laugh. When Ivory turned to look at them suspiciously Skys hand was by his side and he was smiling innocently. "Nothing." He shot his father a glare making him laugh even more before sitting. Plating up their salads and the steak they fall into a comfortable silence.

They didn't need anyone else. They loved each other greatly. Sky became a wonder child at school with the brains, the beauty and the brawn. Jacob and Ivory loved him as much as they loved each other. Maybe even more.

This is their family and they couldn't be happier with it.