part 9

***Dweight's POV*** 

I was so tired after a few hours of running that I called in some of the standby guys to take over.

The problem now was that I had nowhere to go.

A sly smile spread across my face when a thought popped into my head.

She's sleeping in my bed.

As quickly as it came, the smile disappeared. I couldn't think like that. A soft growl came from my lips as I jogged toward the houses. After a few minutes I found myself in front of my front door and blinked. I hadn't even realized that I was coming here. Must be habit. Nodding to myself I changed outside, put a pair of loose fitting trousers on and a shirt I left out in the post box and then stared at the front door with my hand on the knob. Maybe I'll just check on her and then leave. I nodded with a smile and went inside, tip toed past the study and the kitchen and hoped with everything in me that she was asleep.

One look inside and I sucked in a sharp breath. Her beautiful blonde curls lay sprawled across my pillows that she had stacked in the middle of the bed and was now cuddling. I smiled at her little squished up face, her lower lip protruding like she was pouting and a little frown creased her brows. I had the oddest urge to gently smooth out the crease with my thumb and had to stop myself when I realized that I was halway across the room to do just that.

She muttered something and then turned over showing her one -naked- leg. I stiffled a gasp and sat down on the leather couch next to the pattio door and rubbed my eyes.

'She isn't yours.' I reminded myself repeatedly and her voice drew my attention back to her.

'No...' She whispered, her brows creasing even further.

'No, please stop.' She huffed turning over again

I looked around for the danger, feeling like I was instantly jolted into high alert waiting for whatever it was that she was fearing.

'Daniel, no...' Her voice broke and I felt a growl bubble from my chest.

That son of a bitch. A glistening tear ran down her cheek and I had to close my eyes and think of something else or I'd be getting my best Pack hunters and I'd destroy that piece of shit that dared hurt my-

Breathe...I told myself. Breathe, she's not yours and she's none of your concern. I stared at the hair that was covering her face for a few minutes before I got up and took the last few steps to the bed and gently tucked a blonde tendril behind her ear. Her skin felt so soft and a gentle current ran through my finger tips as I traced the line from her ear to her lips and down to her chin taking satisfaction in the goosebumps that formed on her arm.

Her breathing evened out and a small smile tugged at her lips. The same smile tugged at mine and I leaned in closer to inhale her scent. Strawberries and cream. A shudder ran through my body and I took a step away.

What the hell are you doing? My mind shouted.

Stay away from her. I turned automatically lying down on the sofa and got comfortable but I'd have been a lot more comfortable next to her.

No. I frowned and closed my eyes trying to think of a world far away from this one. One where Kelly was treated like royalty. One where...Yawning I struggled to think of anything. Pictures filtered in and out of my mind but only one stayed.

Green eyes.

Her beautiful green eyes.