part 3

***Kelly's POV***

'Alpha Dweight.' I whispered swallowing hard.
My father told me stories of him before I married Daniel. He used to say that Dweight was forced to take over his father’s Pack when he became ill and has been Alpha since he was sixteen.

I shuddered as I recalled the way my father explained the ruthlessness he showcased when he took over the pack further East. Killing women, children and anyone else that refused to join him. Yet here I was, in front of that same wolf and I felt no fear. I guess nothing compared to the fear I felt when Daniel stared at me with anger in his eyes.

He was still staring at me -unreadable eyes bouncing back and forth between mine, - probably waiting for something but I didn't know what.

'You can take refuge here for the night and move on tomorrow.' He finally growled, turned and jogged back on a beaten path through the shrubs and I took this as an invitation to follow.

We jogged in silence for all of 10 minutes before he spoke again.

'I had Hillary organize a room for you with fresh clothes. She'll be meeting us at the village entrance in a few minutes. Don't roam around at night; we've been having a problem with rogues.' I felt a shiver run along my spine and jogged a bit faster to catch up with him. It gave me a chance to look at him closer without outright staring and I could see from his form that he was quite fit and largely built. He must look incredible without a shirt on. I skidded to a halt at the image that uninvitingly popped into my head. Maybe he has a wife and I could be perving over a married man! I scolded myself.

Mind you, I was still married too, I scowled at my paws. As long as I bore his mark, I will always be attached to Daniel.

I shook that morbid thought from my head and noticed that Dweight was staring at me from a few feet away - he had obviously stopped and waited for me to start walking again- his silver eyes glowing in the faintly lit darkness with an unreadable expression.

'Sorry.' I muttered through the voluntary link and ducked my head before I started walking again. He followed without saying a word and I feared that I might have angered him by stopping in the middle of nowhere even after he warned me about the rogues.

I could feel his eyes on me and my skin prickled underneath my fur at the very thought of him watching me. It felt odd somehow…

It felt good.