part 2

***Kelly's POV***

'Please, I'll move right along, I won't stay in your territory.' I looked behind me to make sure Daniel wasn't near and since I couldn't sense him, I knew I had a little bit more time to convince this guy.

'Who are you and who are you running from?' Another voice entered my mind and I snapped my head back to see a much larger black wolf step out from behind a tree.

My stomach sank and my heart rate picked up.

Lowering my head even further I averted my gaze.

Any wolf could sense an Alpha with such strength, especially if they spent their whole life with one and then married another.

'Alpha, I request a pass through your land. I am not a rogue but I really need to leave this place.'

'Name?' He ordered and I shrank back.

'My name is Kelly and I am running from Daniel of the Greystone Pack.' His ears perked up and he motioned with his head to let me pass.

I blew out a breath and stalked past the two making sure I kept as low to the ground as I could possibly get. As I passed them the Alpha told me to wait just beyond the trees. I did as I was told and waited there for him. I was barely through the clearing when I felt Daniel's presence and I hoped they didn't let him through to follow me.

'Halt!' The voice cut into my thoughts and I opened the voluntary link again knowing I'd hear Daniel's thoughts this way as well.

'Alpha, I'm looking for my mate.' A low growl sounded in the air and it made my skin prickle all over.

'No one has passed these borders.' The grey wolf's voice snapped a little impatiently and Daniel's temper started peaking. I could feel it as the mark on my shoulder burned.

I had to suppress a moan as it itched and forced myself to sit completely still.

'She's here and this is where her scent ends.' My ears perked up and I refrained from peaking at my clearly annoyed husband pacing back and forth on the other side of the invisible border. My scent stops when I enter a different territory?

I scowled wondering why I've never heard of this before.

'As my Beta has said. No one has come through here Alpha Daniel and if you attempt to cross the border I will hold you in breach of contract amongst the Packs of The UK.' Daniel simmered down and stopped pacing obviously shocked by the threat and the acknowledgement. So they knew who he was then, which only meant that they knew who I was before they gave me the pass. This is either very good or very bad.

'Yes Alpha Dweight. If you see her, kindly send word as she is mine and I will not tolerate her behaviour.' Another low growl sounded and again my skin prickled, the hair rising on the back of my neck.

'I will.' They cut the link and Daniel retreated to look elsewhere.

I closed my eyes breathing in and released a slow, shakey sigh of relief. When I opened them again silver eyes stared at me and I let out a soft yelp in shock.

'Kelly.' He almost purred my name but the look he gave me was one of hunger and I shrank back into the tree behind me. That look...