Adopted

I'm Amanda Meyer, your average rebellious sixteen year old. I'm the type of person who goes to parties and gets into trouble. I like to party and get into trouble. I also have a bad habit of smoking and drinking. The thing is, I was in foster care and hated it so I got switched to an orphanage. I don't like it either but there's nothing I can do about it. In this orphanage I live with a lot of kids, our ages range from newborn to eighteen. The caregivers here are horrible. They don't care about us and whenever we do something even slightly wrong or something they don't like we get beat badly. I have bruises all over my body from this. I wish I knew why my parents gave me away, sometimes I ask myself questions like am I really such a horrible child? All I want is a family who will love me and believe in me.

"Amanda dinner" the head caregiver yelled

"Not hungry give it to someone else" I yell back

Truthfully, I'm starving but I believe that eating will make me fatter.

While everyone was eating I snuck out to a party that these kids from school invited me to.

",Amanda!" My friend Todd called

"What's up!" I yell

"Want a beer?" He asked

"Yeah throw me one" I replied

I hung out with Todd and his friends and got really wasted. When I got back to the orphanage I snuck back in through the window and went to sleep.

"Amanda wake the hell up" Mary, one of the caregivers yelled

I groaned and got up. I ran to the bathroom and showered. Once again while everyone ate I stayed up in my room.

"Amanda make yourself presentable someone's here to look for a kid" one of the caregivers yelled.

After I got dressed I laid on my bed and listened to music. My favorite song came on and i started crying. The song means so much to me and it's so emotional. As I was listening to my music everything suddenly blacked out.

DEMI P.O.V.

I get really lonely living on my own and I decided that maybe a child would help. I wanted kids at some point in my life and maybe this is fate telling me it's time. I saw this orphanage on my way home and decided to check it out.

"Hello?" I call

"What do you want?" A lady spat at me

"Um id like to adopt" I say nervously

"Age?" She asked

"Not sure yet can I look around?" I asked

"Yeah follow me" the lady said

We were walking around and I wanted to see all the kids before I chose. When we got to the teenagers rooms I heard a girl singing my song skyscraper. She sounded beautiful and like she was pouring her emotions into the song.

"Who's singing?" I asked

"You don't want her" the lady said

"Why not?" I asked

"She's got issues" the lady said blankly

"Can I see her anyway?" I asked

"No" the lady spat

"Okay then I think I've made my decision but I'd like a minute alone to think" I say

"Okay come to my office when you're ready" the lady said and walked away

I wandered over to the room I heard the singing from and looked inside.

I saw a girl with her earbuds in asleep. I walked over to her and saw she's really skinny and has bruises all over her. Me being curious looked at her wrists and saw cuts. I realized she's not asleep she passed out. I called 9-11 and brought her down to the office.

"I'm excuse me I found this girl passed out on her bed" I say

"I told you not to go in there" she spat

"well I did and I'm glad. There's an ambulance coming and I want to adopt her" I say

"Why would you want that?" The lady asked

"Because she's broken and I want to help her" I say

"Is this the girl?" An EMT asked

"Yes I found her passed out on her bed" I say

"I need the head caregiver to ride in the ambulance" the EMT said

The caregiver went with him and I followed behind in the car. The girl was rushed into the emergency room and I filled out the adoption papers while I waited.

"Amanda Meyer" a doctor said

I stood up and asked "is she okay?"

"Now" the doctor replied

As he led me to her he explained that she passed out from not eating for what seems like two weeks.

"Also I noticed self inflicted scars on her arms, legs, and stomach I would consider some type of treatment" he said before letting me go in.

"Hi" I say as I walk in the room.

"You're you're demi lovato" Amanda said with a look of shock

"I am" I smiled

"What is going on?" She asked

I explained everything from wanting to adopt to this exact moment.

"So you adopted me?" She asked

"I did" I say

"Best day ever" she squealed

Amanda P.O.V.

I woke up in a hospital bed and my idol sitting next to me. She explained everything and I am the truly happy right now.

"So why is this the best day ever?" Demi asked

"Well I woke up to find out my idol adopted me" I say

"Aww" Demi smiled

"Thank you for everything I'm not joking when I say you literally saved my life" I say

"Aww I'm glad" Demi says "why don't you tell me your story on the way home"

"Okay" I say

"Amanda you are allowed to go home" a doctor said

Demi took my hand and we left the hospital. Apparently she already has my stuff and we're headed to her house now.

"So tell me everything" Demi said

"I've been an orphan my whole life. I was never told why and it hurts knowing my parents gave me up. The caregivers abused me and I hate myself to the point where I cause trouble and self harm. I've always believed I'm fat so I starve my self" I say

"I know it may be hard for you to not know why your parents gave you up but it's for the best and baby girl I'm sorry they did that to you but you don't have to worry anymore. Don't think badly of yourself there's no reason and I'm going to help you realize you're perfect the way you are" Demi said and squeezed my hand.

"Please help me" I say and started crying

"Of course baby girl" Demi said "you'll get through this and I'll be here helping every step of the way

"Thanks" I say

A few minutes later we pulled into a driveway to a humongous house.

"Demi your house is huge" I say

"I still get lost in it sometimes" Demi said and started laughing

"Demi stop laughing I'm going to go all fan girly on you" I reply laughing

"Come on let me show you around" Demi said hopping out of the car

I followed her around her huge house and by the end of the tour my feet hurt so bad. She has a gym, a movie theater, music room, 4 bathrooms, 5, bedrooms that have bathrooms In them too so that actually makes 9 bathrooms, a living room, family room, kitchen, dining room, game room, indoor and outdoor pools, basement, attic and so on. No wonder why she gets lost in it.

After showing me around, Demi decided to make dinner.