A Paradise in Hell PART 1

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHAPTER DOES HAVE SOME LIGHT DARK  AND SUGGESTIVE THEMES, INCULDING VAMPIRE VIOLENCE. NOT EHOUGH TO MARK MATURE BUT ENOUGH THAT I FELT THE NEED TO WARN. 

THIS IS A SPILT CHAPTER SINCE THE ORINGAL WAS TOO LONG AND TOO MANY IDEAS HAPPENING. WILL TRY TO HAVE PART TWO UP SOON.- Enjoy 

xxx

Up the path the carriages went, up to the dark castle where the ball was to be held. Ruth opened up her compact mirror to add her red lipstick to her still pale lips. Lucian watched casually as she parted her mouth and carefully dragged the colored stick on her bottom lip. He watched as she brought out the fullness of it then moved to the top to fill in the shape of her perfect cupid's bow. Her dark eyes flickered up at him then back down at the mirror as her dark lashes fluttered. "Enjoying my ritual master?" She ask then rubbed her lips together making a kiss sound.

"I just find it amusing how funny you have to look to get those perfect painted lips of yours. No matter how beautiful the woman is, to me, she always makes me think of a fish whenever putting on lipstick." He replied crossing his legs while resting his hands comfortably on his stomach. The woman pouted at him, but the old vampire knew better than to fall for her little game. 'I really do indulge her too much.' He thought as she sat up straight to fix the dress showing off her cleavage.

"I wonder want kind of girl the king will have at his side tonight." He thought out loud knowing that it would put his pet in a bad mood. Ruth glared at her master then huffed as she sat back saying, "A whore that's what. Everyone knows that he hires one to stand at his side just for show."

"Yes, then tosses them away for the others to have fun with. Which reminds me, please show some restraint with this year's girl. I don't want that dragon complaining to me later. I had to pay part of her fee last year and she hardly seemed worth it." Ruth giggled resting her head back to fantasize about the kind of torture she could do in one evening to whoever was unfortunate enough to be standing with the king. It didn't matter if the king was interested in them or not. It didn't matter that they were a stand in for a few hours in the evening. She, like all the others in past years, would be punished. "Oh, I hope she's a pretty flower this time, and pure for once. I would love to rip her petals off."

Lucian chuckled deeply as he shook his head at the vile woman. He then peered out the window just as the carriages were turning a wide corner giving him a glimpse of the carts in front of theirs. The five leading carriages in front belonged to the current head vampire by the name of Naomi. She was older and more powerful then Lucian, but her horde was not as strong as his. Still, if he wanted to make a bid for the throne of the maze and claim the title of head vampire he would need to watch out for Naomi.

"I wonder if the same idea you had has crossed her mind yet."

Ruth stopped her daydreaming and moved her eyes to the vampire in front of her. Looking back up at the velvet ceiling she hummed than replied, "It might have but she will not get in our way. She's too diplomatic and besides, Zeal can out-beat any of her pawns."

"True and negotiations are not going to be as easy this time around." He replied, sitting back against his seat. "If I'm lucky maybe she will provoke the King and get herself killed."

"Ah, then you would be next to take her place. Her position would be helpful to our plan."

'Indeed, it would', Lucian thought moving away from the window. This plan of taking over was a risky one, though if there was any time to do it now would be perfect before things got out of hand. The followers were getting restless with the lack of human blood. Three of the hordes were hiding their illness but he could see it and he knows Naomi saw it too. Something needed to change, or why bother siding with the king. Annihilation by him would be quicker than the unspoken hell that was slowly spreading among their kind. All it would take is for a horde to be completely wipe out before a power struggle broke out among them.