The King

Art by less end. 

XXX

Yami stepped out of the castle to get one last look at the demon girl that left him speechless in the garden. He was about to order Seto to stop her from leaving when he caught her eyes one last time. There was a cold look to them and she turned her head away. I despise you. That's what the look told him. Again, he was taken back and watched as the carriage took her away. Never in his life could he recall anyone looking at him like that. Not even when they were dying at his feet though he never took the time to look. Or cared.

Seto was walking back up the step with a wide grin on his lips. "My King, what brings you out?"

"Seto, who was that girl?"

"Oh her, just some girl I was interviewing for the ball. It was bold of that Mai woman to send someone who is clearly untrained, but I think you'll find her amusing." As he spoke Yami watched the gates closed and thought carefully about his next move. He could have sent someone after her to drag her back, but he had a better idea instead.

"Still, I will review other girls over the next few days just to be sure I don't find something better."

"No. She'll do." Seto was shock his cousin took noticed of the girl. He followed after Yami as he walked back into the castle. They walked up the steps and Seto yelled out, "If you say so, but it would be wise for me to at least have her back here to make sure she can- "

"Fine, have her brought back tomorrow evening." Yami called out as he headed to his throne room.

Seto stopped in his steps then began following him again. "You liked her that much?" That girl was in the garden for less than ten minutes. What did she do? When the girl return to him he was pleased to see that she was trembling and was hoping that Yami had frighten the little whelp. He gave her credit for not begging to give the position to someone else or to demand to leave. The girl clearly had a strong will, but in time her job would dull it.

"Let's just say she has my attention." Yami answered as they approached the grand doors of the throne room. The two orc guards stood in attention as they both hit the floor with their staffs. The doors opened, and the king strode in heading to the balcony that faced the town. The cold air rushed in sending the drapes flying. His eyes searched for the little carriage that carried the girl and followed it till it became lost in the distance. He thought in his mind of what he wanted to do with her when Seto finally joined him outside. "Seto, I've changed my mind. Keep doing what ever it is that you do, but I want that girl brought to me every night till I'm tired of her."

"You surely will be if you have her every night." Seto muttered. Yami rolled his eyes and shook his head saying, "I'm not planning to bed her. I just want to see if she has any other surprises, or if what she showed me was a just a little flame flaring out."

"Got burned, did you? Don't tell me she didn't fall for your charm. You're so well known for it." Yami glared up at his cousin sarcasm.

"Just get her back here!" Seto wanted to ask what had happen in the garden but thought it best not to. He sensed that something interesting was about to happen and decide to see where this little development would take them. "Alright, I will inform the girl's master that the King would like her back tomorrow."

"No, just say that she is required to return tomorrow for dinner."

"You don't want her to know that she'll be eating with the King?" Yami laugh at the question. He turned to him smirking saying, "You don't need to understand, Seto. Just be happy that I found the perfect distraction from my boredom."