An Announcement

Time: 5:20pm
Date: March 14 2019
Setting: Darcy's Karaoke Bar

"Look, I seriously don't understand why you always choose to come here to make announcements

"Look, I seriously don't understand why you always choose to come here to make announcements. Can't we all just order pizza while watching a movie then you make your announcement?" Ben complained.

"I am not sure you'll be disappointed when you hear her announcement, Ben." Lucy smiles at him cheekily.

"Wait, Lucy knows? That's not fair at all!" Harley rolled her eyes at Ben'a groaning and clapped her hands to signal that they were ready.

"First I would like us all to raise our glasses, to everyone being back in New York and three months without seeing a lot of you." They all raised their alcoholic beverages in celebration, except for Harley who stuck with Coca Cola.

"How come you're not drinking your normal cider and beer Harley?" Gwilym asked with confusion.

"Responsible driver for tonight." Harley looked at Lucy then Joe. "Anyway, Joe has something he wants to say." Joe looked at Harley in annoyance for making him be the one to tell his friends.

"Well, these past three months Harley, Lucy and I have been keeping a secret from all of you. Which we won't be releasing to the public until it is finished so you have to keep quiet!"

"Yeah we got you were keeping a secret, it was quite fucking obvious. And what do you mean, you haven't knocked her up have you?" Ben chuckled, smirking into his beer. Joe looked at Harley and grinned, looking back to Ben, Gwilym and Rami for their reactions.

"No fucking way." Rami exclaimed.

"Am I gonna be an uncle?" Gwilym smiled.

"Oh shut up with your boring questions, was the shag good? I'd hope it was if it got you pregnant." Ben asked, leaning forward as he could feel Joe's glare burn through him. Harley motioned for him to lean forward more.

"Best sex I've ever had. Also, if you're gonna try and impress Jude you would have to ask him for some tips." Harley whispered to Ben, causing him to choke on his drink in laughter.

"Alright but I think we need another toast. To Harley and Joe!" Lucy smiles in a slightly hushed voice. The entire table repeated the phrase and took a sip from their glasses.

"So what's gonna happen," Gwilym began, "are you going to get married, then announce that you have had like a 'secret ceremony and baby' so that people don't freak out?" Harley looked down at her drink in thought.

"We haven't discussed marriage yet. But Summer is a while away so Harley can wear large sweaters and jackets to cover her bump, and when it does get too warm I guess she just won't go out as much. Hopefully by that time she will be on maternity leave from the University." Joe explained to the table, earning approving nods from Rami and Gwilym.

"That reminds me," Rami began, "how is teaching going?"

"Really good. I love being able to teach others about what I learnt and how to do what I used to do."

"Yeah, Joe said you were a lawyer like Jude before they asked you to go and teach-" Rami tried saying.

"Are you sure it was a good shag? I really cannot see him being that good." Ben interrupted, still in shock.

"Darling we have moved on!" Lucy warned him. Harley and Joe laughed at his behaviour. Harley soon felt slightly tired so she rested her head on Joe's shoulder. The group looked on as Joe kissed her head slightly and smiled at the beautiful woman. "This is just too cute, why don't you treat me like this, Rami?" Lucy pouted.

"Because we all know I am the woman in this relationship, darling." He replied, kissing her softly on the cheek.

"This doesn't seem like much of a celebration to me," Ben began, "why don't we head back to your apartment Harley and order pizza."

"Sounds good, Ben." Harley yawned.

So that's what they did.

Hey guys, sorry for all these filler chapters. I promise we will get back to my 1.5k word chapters as soon as I get this story straight. I'm quite nervous to be going into the future in case like something drastic was to happen (like I know the Oscars are coming up) but there really isn't much I can do besides write! Hope you did enjoy this chapter, and I shall see you in the next one! :)
~ rosedeacy