A New Years Resolution

Time 8:40pmDate: December 31st 2018Setting: Darcy's Karaoke Bar

Time 8:40pm
Date: December 31st 2018
Setting: Darcy's Karaoke Bar

"When are you going to tell us?" Lucy begged Joe, who had told them about a special announcement.

"I'll tell you when Harley gets here, I want her to hear too." Joe looked around, wondering when Harley would come back with her drink.

"Damn! I thought the announcement was about you two. Got me excited you twat." Lucy earned a disapproving glance from Rami, who quickly turned it into sheer admiration. Harley soon came into view, sliding into the seat beside Joe, quietly putting her hand into his underneath the table.

"Can I tell them now?" Whispered Joe, carefully, into Harleys ear. She smiled and nodded slightly, looking upon the others to see if they had noticed them quietly talking. "Ok, I am ready to begin my announcement!" Joe said, clearing his throat nervously, "Harley and I are boyfriend and girlfriend now?" He looked to Harkey, unsure of how to put it, looking to see her giggling.

"We're in a relationship." She finished for Joe. The entire table smiled, congratulations going around the table.

"Does this mean you're finally gonna do it?" Ben said, interrupting the happy moment.

"Do what?" Harley asked, Joe making strangling signs to Ben.

"You know, it. Joe said he didn't wanna do it until later so it didn't ruin anything between you." Ben was smirking now, he was embarrassing Joe for embarrassing him earlier in the café. Harley lightly slapped Joe on the arm for telling them they hadn't done anything yet.

"I had something special for tonight planned," Harley started whispering to Joe, "nevermind now." Joe looked defeated, yelling to Ben,

"Well done!" They continued drinking, each standing up to sing karaoke. Joe chose a song, specifically for Ben. "This ones for you Benny boy!" He yelled, as he started singing Fuck You. The entire table laughed as Ben put his hand to his heart in hurt.

"I thought we were closer than this Joseph!" Ben cried out. Harley cheered the loudest as Joe finished, before he had to put the microphone back he quickly yelled into it,

"Fuck you Ben Hardy!" Causing the entire bar to erupt in laughter. As he slid back into the table, it was filled with laughter and smiles.

"I preferred you rendition of Purple Rain in all honestly Joe." Gwilym added, taking a sip of his beer. "Alright, wasn't it your turn after Joe, Harley? I cannot wait for your song choice." Gwilym continued, laughing. Harley smiled, walking up to the stage and grabbing the microphone and bobbing her head drunkenly to the intro. She had chosen a Beatles song, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da. The entire table watched in awe, although drunk, Harley really had a talent for singing. They all seemed to place their eyes onto Joe, who was watching Harley, smiling. He was really happy. His eyes sparkled as he watched her.