The Knock

Time: 10:07pm Date: December 16th 2018Setting: Harleys Apartment

Time: 10:07pm
Date: December 16th 2018
Setting: Harleys Apartment

Joe was rushing to climb up to the stairs of Harleys apartment, as flustered as he was, he couldn't let Harley know why he ran up the stairs so quick. He was out of breath by the time he reached Harleys door, and could hear yelling coming from the inside. "I swear to God! Move the fuck out of the way princess bitch! I'll throw the mushroom! You're getting on my last nerve, I will do it!" Joe was confused and waited until he heard a scream of celebration. He didn't want to interrupt what seemed important. He lightly tapped on the door, and heard the sound of walking on floorboards. She was coming. He fixed his hair and tried to breath normally again. He looked stupid and he knew it. "Uh, who is it?"

"Its Joe."

"Oh hold on!" Joe smiled to himself as he could see through the small window at the side of the door, Harley was fixing her clothes and brushing her hair out. Before she opened the door she took in a huge breath and Joe moved back to his original place. "Hi sorry about that, door wasn't unlocking." Harley smiled and Joe laughed to himself, knowing she would've been too embarrassed if she knew what he saw. "Come on in!" Joe walked in, admiring the vintage look of the place.

"Wow, I love all the wood." Harley smiled and tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Thank you. I wanted to make it my own." Joe followed Harley through the house and into the living room, where Mario Kart was on the television.

"So thats what you were yelling at!" Harley looked to see what Joe meant, her face becoming red from embarrassment.

"Oh, you heard that?"

"Yeah. Don't worry, I get way worse... I think. You sound terrifying." Joe looked down at Harleys ankle, which had an ice pack wrapped around it. "How is your ankle?"

"Feels a bit better. I am going to head to the doctors tomorrow for an x-ray."

"If it is actually broken I am going to feel so bad."

"You should feel bad already!" Harley laughed.

"I'll make it up to you somehow, I swear!"

"Anyway," Harley continued, "wanna play a game of Mario Kart?" Joe grinned,

"I don't know, are you gonna yell at me like that?"

"Its a possibility!" Joe nodded, following Harley over to the couch. "Want a beer or something?" Harley asked.

"Only if you have one."

"I never say no to a beer." Harley waddled over to the fridge, dismissing Joe asking if she needed help. "If you wanna help, choose a record and put it in the record player." Joe nodded, walking over to her record stand. His mouth formed and O shape, for the second time that day. The collection was impressive. Mainly filled with Queen and The Beatles, Joe found many other artists including Aretha Franklin, Elvis and Frank Sinatra.