The fact that I was going to be studying in NYU was still sinking in.

I took out my stuff and decided to keep it aside and just walk around the campus. My sights were fixed on the different blocks where I would be attending my classes. I inhaled a proud breath and walked further. As I was recording a video to send to my mom, I collided into something or rather someone hard and immediately after that stepped on something that I definitely shouldn't have. I turned my head to see who I had been destined to meet in such a cliche way.

My vision could not be more fixated at this entity, with the chocolatey mass of hair serving as the superior end of the fine specimen and timberland boots at the inferior, he had the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen in my entire life, his lips were plump and a fascinating shade of pink, which complimented his eyes shockingly well.

The brooding look on his face had now been replaced with a smirk, as he saw me checking him out quite blatantly. The smirk disappeared within seconds.

"What the fuck? Watch where you're going, dumbass!" with annoyance very clearly visible in his tone, he provided a fine voice to an even finer appearance. Then he bent down to pick up the object I had stepped on. It was his phone and the cracks on the screen had indicated that he would unmistakably have to get a new one. I guess that reaction is justified if someone cracked up your phone, right?

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that!" I sincerely apologized.

"Well, hey! Guess what? Your sorry isn't gonna fix my cell and neither is it gonna get me a new one. So the next time you decide to walk, maybe watch out?" he spit out the words in disgust.

Okay, what the hell was his problem?  "Seriously? It was an honest mistake and I didn't mean to do it, you dimwit. And in case, you didn't notice, you weren't paying much attention to who you're crashing into either! Better get a strong grip on your freaking phone," I rebuked.

He glared at me and I continued, "You don't need to be so unnecessarily rude."

He gave me a sardonic smile. "Yeah, and neither do I need to stand here and listen to the person who broke my goddamn phone," he hit my shoulder with his shoulder, hard and walked off.

Wow, what a fine welcome. I blew out a deep breath and shrugged it off, hoping the rest of my day would turn out better.

After collecting my schedule and dorm details from the lady at the reception desk, even though I had already received it by mail, I walked towards the place I would be calling home for the next few years.

Struggling with carrying all my stuff at once, the keys fell as I stepped into the room. Just as I got back up after picking them, I was met with a presence. The girl seemed about my age, and her eyes lit up with glee as they keenly observed me.

"Hiii, you must be my roommate! I'm Scarlett," she spoke, excitedly.

I knew that I had a roommate named Scarlett. We exchanged texts over the summer, but it wasn't quite often. I didn't even know what she exactly looked like, until now.

"Hey, I'm Sydney! We spoke through texts, yeah?" I was quick to respond.

"Oh yes! But it didn't help quite a lot in getting to know you since we didn't text daily. Let me help you with that," she said gesturing to my shitload of luggage.

"When did you get here?" I inquired, walking in with the rest of my stuff and exploring the room.

"Just two days ago," I heard her say.

It was a room with plenty of space and felt quite cozy. Very different from home, but I did not have any sense of disappointment. After I was satisfied with the appearance of the room, I took a long look at Scarlett. It was then I realized how much we differ in our physique.

Scarlett was just as beautiful as her name. With a blondish brown wavy mop of hair falling to her shoulders and captivating green eyes, she was a sight to behold. The fair tone of her skin praised her very well. The look on her face told she was a very kind yet extremely enthusiastic person. She looked tall enough, but her shoulder did not meet mine. She was a couple of centimeters shorter but oh boy, was she pretty.

Scarlett and I were nothing alike because while Scarlett possessed all of that, I had a lean figure of 5'7 with the long mass of hair descending along my back which was one of the lighter shades of chestnut brown. I had dark brown eyes which were hidden most of the time by my contacts. I owned a tan skin tone which I was quite proud of.

Soon enough, Scarlett's voice was pulling me out of my thoughts. "Since you arrived today and correct me if I am wrong, but I do not reckon you know anyone here, I would love to show you around campus because that is pretty much all I have done the last forty-eight hours."

Even though I had looked around a lil bit, I was thankful she had suggested that. "That would be great because that's the first thing I was planning to do and I would love to have company."

"Great! It's settled then. We will leave whenever you're ready. Go freshen up," she clapped her hands in excitement, giving me a warm smile.

I freshened up and pulled out my denim jeans, tucked in a large pink Floyd shirt and walked up to Scarlett.

"I meant to ask you this earlier, but do you happen to know anyone here?" I inquired, voicing my curiosity.

"Actually yes, I happen to be close with a few people. I will introduce you to them once we are done with the campus tour. Also, I didn't know Connecticut people were this pretty," she complimented and winked at me. She had told me that she was from New Jersey.

"Well, I can say the same for the people of New Jersey."

She gave me an adorable smile. "I'll give you a few minutes to settle in the room while I will quickly go and get us coffees from this adorable cafe. It's just down the lane." I could not be happier that I got her as my roommate.

I gave her a quick smile as she shut the door and left. I saw quite a few belongings by the bed on the right which was near the door so assuming that Scarlett had chosen that as hers I started arranging my essentials on the bed by the window.

I was too engrossed in arranging all the stuff when I heard the door open, expecting to be greeted by the blonde mop of hair, rather astonishingly, I found a set of deep green eyes aimed at my face. The boy I shuddered to the thought of just several minutes ago was now in front of my sight. His flexing biceps were on complete display as his hand clutched the doorknob.

"You're not Scarlett."

Author's note:

There you have it. The first chapter of the book. How did you like it? Please be expressive with your thoughts and comment down below how you feel about this chapter.

Thank you for reading this and please please do not forget to tap the little star at the end. The lil gesture will make my day - immense love for each one of y'all.

 The lil gesture will make my day - immense love for each one of y'all

Stay happy x.