I looked around. It was still dark but not completely pitch black like when they left me. From the dim orange light which glowed, I could tell there was a torch lit up. I wiggled my small shackled wrists to ease the pain. But it did the opposite. Instead it scratched my skin.

"She's awake!!" came a masculine voice all of a sudden. I gasped at the shockingly loud voice which broke the eerie silence.

Not long after I heard before I saw the gate open, and there she was, as elegant as ever. Lady Esther sauntered into the cell. She walked towards me and stopped only when she was centimeters away. She then brought her face close to mine. Lady Esther was at least a head taller than me.

She just kept staring at me for a long time. I stared at her too. Up close she was even more beautiful but I knew what she was capable of. The sinister look in her eyes spoke louder than words.

After taking a long look,  she took a step back. "Hmmm, I don't see anything special in you."

"Please my Lady, whatever wrong I've done I'm so-"

I couldn't complete my sentence as the hard blow made my face turn swiftly to the left. I tasted my own blood. That was the hardest slap I've ever received. Her nails cut my skin.

"Did I ask you to speak?!!"

My vision blurred as I looked down not daring to look at her face again.

"I don't get it. You're just a pathetic excuse of a human. Like any other human. You're small, fragile and just simply sad. The thing is you're even less than an ordinary human being. You're a bloody slave!"

More tears burned at the back of my eyes. I couldn't even comprehend what was going on. Was she angry about her shoes? That was the only chore I did for her.

She looked around before continuing.

"I seriously don't know what you did to gain his attention but now I really do not care. It won't matter anymore. At least not after I'm done with you. You brought this upon yourself slave," she sneered. "You tried to mess with what's rightfully mine! To think I would allow something like this to happen, right under my nose? I will make you pay you insignificant trash. I will make you pay with your blood and screams," she said the last part quietly in my ear. Every word pierced my heart but my body was too stunned to do anything else but listen.

"Your screams will echo throughout this dungeon and it will be music to my ears. You know what else?  No one can ever hear you." I couldn't help it anymore.

"No, plea-"

She backhanded me. My head turned to the right but before I recovered she slapped me again, hard on the other cheek.

"Do NOT speak until I ALLOW you to!!!" she yelled at the top of her voice.

The force of her blows almost twisted my neck. I was a trembling mess and there was silence after her blows. Tears streamed down my cheeks. The only noise was the sharp clinking made by the chains due to my trembling.

I knew my cheeks were already badly bruised up. I could also feel another cut on my left cheek and there was blood oozing out of the corner of my mouth. "Now, I will not waste anymore time. Prepare yourself slave. You're in my hell now and I'll show you what I'm made of and what happens when you even think of messing with me," the Lady said darkly. "Your little family will be captured as well. Including that Odelle and Percival except they're already taken," she mocked. I struggled with the chains at this.

How could she?!!

"Don't!!"

"How many times do I have to slap you before you shut that mouth?!! Do you want to watch them die today?!!!" my body shook as I silently cried, indicating that I didn't want them hurt in any way.

Her Darkness, His Light (Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें