Chapter Thirty

This wasn't my bathroom ceiling. The repetitive beeping wasn't the sound of the dripping blood. My hands were each tied to a side on a bed and my hand was full of wires and needles. My nose had a wire inside it. I was in a hospital, and I was not yet dead. I didn't know whether or not to be grateful.

"Jamie? Jamie!" I heard Dad say. His face was clearer now. He looked like hell.

"Dad?" I replied to make sure he could hear me.

"Oh my God," Dad said as he hugged my head. I could feel his tears land on my hair as he kissed my head.

"What the hell was going on, Jamie? You scared us all, my God," he said. His eyes grew twice their size as he searched my face for a logical explanation, and like he couldn't believe I was looking back at him.

"Where's Mom?" I asked him. My throat was dry and I wondered how long I was out for.

Dad shook his head in confusion. "She left to pick up Jake from his friend's house. They've been a mess. You were out of it for almost three days now."

"How did they find me?" I asked him. The bathroom door was locked.

Dad took a deep breath. "They got a call from the police saying someone called them and told them there was a su-" he stuttered at the word. "An attempt going to happen at home. Your mother couldn't get a response from you and she couldn't open the bathroom door, and that's when she knew the call was true."

I swallowed on a dry throat. I hadn't realized how much I must've put my family through. It killed me to even think about it.

"I'll get the doctor to check on you now while I call your mom to give her the news," he said as he patted my shoulder. "The person who called the police on you is outside. Want to meet her?" he asked me. I nodded. I was confused; who knew that I was going to actually do it when the only person I had confessed to about it was LadyWillow, and that's when she didn't even care.

"I love you, son. You know that, right?" he told me. I nodded.

"I love you too, Dad," I finally said.

I took a deep breath as I waited for the anonymous person to walk through the door.

"Naomi?" I almost yelled out. She smiled and blushed as she walked towards my bed.

"Hi," she could only say.

"Um, hi," I replied. "My..my dad said you called the cops on me or something?" I said. A confused tone was evident in my voice.

She smiled. "Four-ster? It's like you were begging to be discovered," she laughed.

My jaw dropped. "You're LadyWillow?"

She nodded vehemently.

"No way. And you were with me in school the whole time?" I said in disbelief. She nodded again.

"I'm really glad I'd be able to see your reaction when you knew," she said with a giggle, but her humor soon subsided. "I didn't know what to do when you messaged me, Jamie. I wanted to help you but I didn't know how so I called the police and told them that you were going to, well, do it. I was on my phone at the soccerfield waiting for the game to start and I was panicking the whole time. I couldn't let anyone know. Then an agent called me and told me they needed me to come down to the hospital because I was right.

"They showed me the note you had written, the one that said that it was all Dylan's fault, and I showed them what you had written me right before you logged off. The made copies of it and told me to leave my account with them so they could check on you even more, that's all I know so far," she said.