Chapter Eleven

Shit.

"Your room?" Dylan asked Jake. I could see his veins popping out of his neck already.

"Yeah? I gotta change my tie, leave," Jake said as he opened the door.

Dylan smirked at him. "Gladly. So where is Jamie's room?" he asked.

My body was heating up and my heart was pounding so fast I wouldn't be surprised if Dylan heard it.

"Across the hall," Jamie said, still holding the door open for us to leave. Dylan ruffled Jake's hair and followed his direction.

"Get in," he ordered as he opened the door to my room. Now I was scared of him, especially with his redenned face, and the fact we were alone.

I stepped inside my bedroom and Dylan closed the door behind us. Before I knew it Dylan pinned me against the wall his fist right next to my face. I gasped and gulped, surprised at his reaction, but he did not flinch.

"I don't think you're taking me or the deal seriously, Jamie," he said through gritted teeth. "I think you forgot that I owned you since I had gotten so soft on you," he continued. I couldn't move a muscle.

"I would discipline you, but this isn't the right time or place for it," he said. I was still panting in fear.

"And you'd better not be at the memorial tomorrow. I need you at my house tomorrow by four, and this time you should listen to me," he said.

"O-or what?" I spat out. It actually took a lot of me to say those words.

"See this?" he said. He pulled at my lip and I screamed in pain before he clasped my mouth with his hand. He was insane.

"That's not even a third of what I'd do to you," he hissed. My lip was throbbing from his touch.

A knock on the door startled us both and Dylan let go of me, letting me gasp for air.

"Who is it?" I asked in a cracked voice.

"It's me," Jake said. "Mom says let Dylan have dessert."

Dylan sighed. "We'll be down in a minute," he yelled.

"Your moron family just saved you, you know that?" he whispered to me before opening the door. He stormed past Jamie to the living room.

"What's his deal?" Jake asked as I left the room.

"Let's just go," I told him.

*

It was nearly eleven on a school night and the Reeds still hadn't left. Dad and Mr. Reed were on the balcony for a couple of cigars while Mom and Mrs. Reed watched a TV show together in the living room. Jake was playing on his phone while Meredith, who I assumed was forced to leave her phone at home, was staring blankly at the TV, drifiting off every five minutes.

Dylan, on the other hand, right after dessert to finish his "homework". I didn't know what was going on in his head.

"So Meredith," I said to the extremely bored girl. She didn't look like Dylan very much. They probably shared the same dark hair and that was it; at least I hoped that was it. I wondered if he tormented her as well.