Chapter Thirteen

I wanted to leave, but I was scared to tell him. What would he do if I did? Throw me out of the window?

                             "When will I leave?" I asked instead, my throat dry and achy.

                        "Oh in a couple of minutes, I think that's enough for today. I should've gone harder on you but this is just a sneak peek," he said. I gulped.

                         "Dylan I promise I won't go against you again," I begged. "Just please let me go, forget it," I said.

                      He smirked. He pulled out a pair of scissors from the box on the floor. What now?

                    "Oh I know," he said. "I'm just doing it for the fun of it," he said with a laugh. I looked at the floor.

                       He cut off the ropes from my hands. "I wouldn't do anything stupid if I were you," he said.

                     I didn't reply. He cut off the ropes at my feet and held my face with his hand. He ran the scissors through my hair and cut off a chunk from the side. I gulped.

                    "See? Even your own body is mine," he said with a smile. I clenched my jaw and my fists. 

                   I tried to soften my expression when his face turned the opposite of what I had hoped for. He didn't like my reaction and for that I was scared.

                    "Really? You don't like it?" he simply said. He grabbed my face again and cut another chunk from the other side. I could barely control my anger.

                   "That's what I'd thought," he said. He didn't catch it. "Now leave," he said.

                    I put on my shirt, the tightning of the rope still visible on my skin like permanent red markings. Dylan unlocked the door and I followed him downstairs, trying to cover up the sallowness that was washing over me. 

                   "Jamie, good to see you again," Mr. Reed said from the living room as he looked up from his newspaper.

                    "You too," I could only say with a forced smile. If he had only known what was going on five minutes ago just two floors above him.

                    Dylan grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the main door of the house. He followed me to my car and lowered to talk to me from the driver's window.

                     "You should be thanking me for just doing that to you," he said with a smile. "You betrayed me but I let you get off easy."

                      You almost killed me, I wanted to tell him, but I decided to shut up about it.

                      "Thank you," I said instead and I revved the engine. He waited for me to back up and waved before I left him by the driveway.

                   I wanted to run him over so bad. 

                                                                                      *

I was so close to winning this level, but LadyWillow was as invincible as usual.

4ster: Not fair, no pity game?

LadyWillow: No.

4ster: Alright then. I have to go, anyway. Goodnight.