Chapter Three

"Hey, there's Sarah," Dylan said as he poked me in the ribs. 

                I gulped. Sarah was almost a couple of feet away from me; her hair fell like waves down her back, and even without any makeup, she still looked beautiful.

                 "Ask her if she's going to Ashton's party," Dylan told me. Sarah got closer and I tensed. She smiled at Dylan and me and I could only muster an unstable smile.

                     "Sarah, isn't it?" Dylan said as he offered her his hand.

                        "Yeah, you're Dylan, right?" she said, surprised at how he knew had known her name. I, however, took a long time to get my senses back.

                          "Pleasure meeting you," he told her.

                          I sensed her blush. 

                      "Hey, Sarah," I finally spoke. Sarah shifted her attention to me, and she looked almost relieved I had spoken.

                      "Jamie, hi!" she greeted me, her blue eyes almost twinkling underneath the fluorescent lights. "I didn't see you at your dad's party" she said as she pulled her books up to her chest. 

                      "Yeah I was pretty much unseen," I said. What?...

                    She giggled, probably at how dumb that had sounded. I could see Dylan turn around to chuckle at my blunder. I took a deep breath.

                      "Speaking of parties, are you going to Ashton Yates' party this week?" I asked. I let out a breath, realizing I had said my sentence without any speech impediments.

                     She smiled. "I think I might, yeah. Are you?" 

                       I shrugged. "I think I'll probably go, too," I said with a nod.

                       "Great," she said with a large smile.

                        "Great," I repeated after her, feeling my face heat up. We began to walk and almost ran into each other as we walked into the American History classroom. 

                       "Sorry," I said at the same time as her. My face could melt off from the heat I was feeling.

                        "Idiot," Dylan teased me from behind and I chose to ignore him.

                        "Mr. Dylan Reed?" Mr. Marslow said as he stood behind his desk. He rolled his sleeves up to his arms and shot Dylan a stern look, probably just to scare him off at first, but Dylan did not look one bit intimidated.

                       "Mr. Marslow, Sir," Dylan said, as if in the army. Was he trying to look like an ass?

                        Mr. Marslow glared at him as Dylan walked away, breaking into a chuckle once his back faced Mr. Marslow.

                        "Congrats on getting yourself on his blacklist, Reed," I said as we took our seats, him behind me, as usual.

                        "He looks like a Neo-Nazi," Dylan said as he focused on Mr. Marslow.

                       I just hoped he wouldn't ask him. 

                         Mr. Marslow cleared his throat, his usual indication that class began, and the whole classroom grew silent in an instant.