Chapter Twenty-Three

Tuesday:

LadyWillow: You've been MIA lately.

        I smiled, I was glad I had a friend somewhere. 

        4ster: Yeah. I had a pretty bad couple of weeks. 

        LadyWillow: I'm sorry. Want to play?

        4ster: I'm not really in the mood to play, sorry.

        I felt bad, but I really didn't feel like playing. 

        LadyWillow: It's alright. I have to go, anyway.

        4ster: Goodnight, LadyWillow.

        LadyWillow: Goodbye.

        I logged off from Stormex and sighed as I lounged on my bed. It was almost nine at night and I did not feel like sleeping even though I hadn't had a decent amount of sleep in four days. I knew I wouldn't sleep knowing Sarah no longer stood a chance with me and that Dylan told her that I didn't like girls. How did she even believe it?

        Jake barged into my room and caught me daydreaming. "Mom says you should go to sleep," he said.

        "Sure," I told him.

        "You look awful," he said.

        "Yeah?" I told him. I shuddered at the image of him and Meredith together. "By the way what's up with you and uh, Meredith?" I asked him. He shrugged.

        "She doesn't want to be seen with me in school for some reason," he said.

        "Oh. I don't think she actually likes you in that sense," I told him, hoping he'd change his mind about her. He shrugged again.

        "Whatever," he said as he lounged on my study chair. "What about Sarah?" he asked me.

        I was surpised he knew about her at all. "What about her?" I asked him as I fiddled with a loose thread on my duvet.

        "Don't you like her?" he asked me. "I heard Mom tell Dad about her so I figured. Is she hot?" he asked.

        I threw a pillow at him, smacking him right in the face. "Don't use that word, it's disgusting." He was getting too old way too fast.

        "So you like her, huh?" he said with a playful tone as he wiggled his eyebrows.

        "Yeah, I do, okay?" I said. "She's with Dylan now, anyway," I told him.

        Jake made a face. "Why is she with Dylan and not you? I doubt anyone can stand him," he said, and it surprised me.

        I sat up straight and adjusted myself to a comfortable position. "Why would you say that?" I asked him.

        He took a deep breath. "I don't know. He seems like the asshole type of guy and he wasn't exactly fun to be with during camping."

        I raised a brow. "Did Meredith tell you anything about him?"

        Jake began to lose interest as he walked to the door. "Nah, just that she doesn't get how you two are friends," he said. "Especially since he stole your girl. It doesn't make sense," he said. Even he gets it. 

        "I don't know, he's fine in my book," I lied.

        "Whatever. See ya," he said as he closed the door behind him.