[ 17 ]

sana walked back and forth in her room, biting her nail, sweating, hyperventilating. she was super stressed out.

"why would she ever do that?! we were so close and─ugh! and i trusted her!" she almost felt like pulling all her hair out.

all the memories of them two suddenly came back to her. even if she wanted to stop thinking about that, she couldn't.

"can you be my bestie? i have no friends here."

"yeah! of coures! what's your name?"

"i'm son seung-wan. you can call me wendy."

sana bit her nail as hard as she could. she stopped for a while and screamed from the top of her lungs.

she heard rapid footsteps from outside, "are you okay?" her mom asked. "what's wrong?"

"mom─mom. no, nothing's wrong."

"so, you just screamed randomly like a maniac just now?" her mom furrowed her eyesbrows.

"yeah. i mean, teenagers, right?" she chuckled. her mom just played along and fake-laughed with her daugther. she shut the bedroom door and sana began panicking again.

;-;

mark, too, had a problem. sana, texting, same 'lyke', you know what i mean. he's been thinking if he should call sana and ask or not. his brain and his heart were on a debate. brain says don't call her, heart says JUST DO IT!!

"uh─should i? i'll─no, i shouldn't. ugh!" he stomped his foot to the ground as he yelled.

he let out a heavy sigh, "trust your instincts, mark tuan." so he did.

he called her.

the phone rang and he started regretting what he just did. he was gonna hang up but then sana answered.

"sana!" he chuckled nervouskly. she greeted him through the phone and asked why he called her.

"i need to ask you a question." it took hima while to make his tongue move and say a word. sana waited but then thought it was just a stupid prank.

"i'm hanging up." she said through the phone.

"no, please. i really need to ask you this!" he collected all his courage and asked her the question.

"were you the one who texted me and said you liked me?" sana was confused. she replied with a simple 'no'.

"what? it wasn't?" sana began to think then it hit her, "wait, i think we're getting messages from the same person. i'll meet you in your house." she immediately hung up.

;-;

mark's doorbell rang. he ran downstairs and opened the door. he saw sana, soaked in her own sweat.

"are you okay?" he asked.

sana nodded and entered his house. she started panting and all causing mark to worry about her. he asked if she needed some water but she said no. either way, he was gonna give her water anyway.

sana thanked him and chugged the water down then wiped her sweat and mouth. she stood there, leaning onto mark's couch then, ran up to his room.