[ 8 ]

mark has reached school. he was waiting for sana in a bench outside the school. he finally saw her walking on the other side of the road. he stood up, "sana!" he yelled as he waved his hand to get her attention. sana just looked at him and proceeded to walking to the school. mark walked to the other side of the road.

"are you ignoring me?" he asked as sana took off her earphones.

"um, obviously." she rolled her eyes and put her earphones back on. mark also rolled his eyes then took off her earphones.

"what, tuan? why are you bothering me again?"

"i just gonna ask you.." he continued, "why'd you kiss me on the cheek?" he saw sana turn red before she started walking faster.

"what? why?" he caught up with her, continuing to annoy her.

"i don't - please, mark, leave me alone." she quietly said before she left again.

;-;

mark walked the halls of his school, alone, not expecting or wanting anyone to be with him. he suddenly heard footsteps, coming towards him.

"hey, hyung!" jackson greeted him.

"hey." he said. he then realized that jaebum was also there with them, a wide smirk plastered on his face.

"why are you looking at me like that?"

"mina told me about sana kissin' you." mark rolled his eyes.

"yeah, she's into you! you've already won!" jackson said as he smiled widely.

"say what you want to say, jackson." mark sighed before jaebum was the one who started talking.

"anyways, there's gonna be a party soon - a christmas party - hosted by the one and only kim jennie." jaebum imitated jennie in the last part and rolled his eyes.

"why a christmas party right now? it's still twenty-two days 'till christmas." mark said.

"well, because jennie's leaving to new zealand on christmas and does not wanna miss out on any other christmas party while she's gone! so, come to her party or else." he imitated her again, "it says it all here." jaebum gave mark a red flyer, decorated with fake snow. there was a giant "KIM JENNIE'S SPECIAL GO-AWAY-CHRISTMAS-PARTY!"

"if you're asking, no, she isn't leaving for good. just a vacation." jackson said.

"okay.." mark said as he continued to stare at the flyer. he suddenly spotted something, "but it says 'come with a date'. whom am i supposed to come with?"

"duh, sana!" jaebum said as mark looked at him in disbelief.

"she's never gonna actually accept my request, you know?"

"nah, she will." jackson said then the bell rang.

"bye." the three guys left each other, going to their classrooms.

;-;

it was lunch and mina, momo, and sana were sitting together. sana was keeping quiet as mina and momo were chatting - secretly - about mark and sana on their phones.

"are you texting each other when you guys are literally in front of each other?" sana could tell since they'd both get notifications once in a while then they'd look at each other.

"no, wh-why would you think that?" mina said.

"yeah, and we are obviously not talkimg about you and mark-kun." momo added.

"momo!" mina hit the older girl's shoulder. they both saw mark coming towards them, and they quickly left.

"hey, sana. momo and i gotta pick something up for our project later. my dad'll be sending it, so we'll go ahead." mina made an excuse as her and momo started packing their bags.

"sure." the immediately left when they saw mark. well, they didn't really leave - they were just somewhere else where they made sure mark and sana couldn't see them.

"hello." mark greeted as he sat next to her. sana turned her head, hoping it was not mark, but it was.

"what is it now, tuan?"

"i'm just asking you if you want to be my date to jennie's party." he said.

"you want me to be your date?" she asked in disbelief. he just nodded.

meanwhile.. "what do you he asked her?" momo asked, curious on what mark asked sana.

"shh!" mina shushed her.

"why? you can't even hear them!" she argued.

"why can't you just go solo? do you really need a date?" she asked.

"actually, yes." he said. he took out the paper jaebum gave to him and showed her.

"if you look closer here, you can see the 'come with a date' thing." he pointed to it. sana squinted her eyes to see the small writing.

"oh, yeah, it does."

"amd if you say, you won't have a date either." mark said.

"okay, i'll come with you."

"really? as in, like, my date?"

"mm-hm.." she mumbled.

"honestly, that easier than i thought. are you really coming?"

"yes, tuan! i am coming! as a your date, alright?"

"okay.." he said as he took his bag and left, "weird." he said quietly. he actually he'd be getting into an arguement with her.

"that was a piece of cake!" he happily said.

a few hours ago...

sana was walking to lunch then she met up with someone. it was hoshi.

"hi, sana!"

"hi, hoshi-kun." she smiled as he smiled back to her. both of them were holding a tray full of food.

"um, sana, i have something to ask you."

"yeah, shoot."

"will you come to jennie's party with me? as my date?" he asked. she was a little shocked because she was actually never asked out by anyone.

"uh, hoshi, i'd love to, but i'm -"

"no, it's okay. you don't have to explain. i - i'll just look for someone else." he said, with an obvious fake smile. sana felt bad for him, but he seemed okay with it.

"i'm sorry."

"no, it's fine. totally fine."