[ 16 ]

"it can't be sana. i mean, she hates me and always has hated me, but what if she doesn't? am i the reason she rejected hoshi? nah, i'm getting my hopes up. it was probably someone else. it was just one letter." mark thought. he's been thinking about the sane thing for so long. tomorrow is already the end of the dare.

"hey, hyung. you have been so quiet today." jackson said.

"isn't he always that quiet?" jaebum said, focusing on phone.

"why have you been on our phone for so long."

"uh, mina said she wanted a dress but she didn't have one so i lied to her and said i bought her a dress." jaebum chuckled nervously.

"haha! i'm telling mina!"

"don't you dare, jackson. if you..."

"those two, seriously. i just─" he stopped when he bumped into sana.

"hey." she said, shortly. mark froze, he couldn't say anything.

"mark? are you okay?" she waved her hand over his face.

"earth to mark!"

"hey, what's wrong with him?" jaebum said as he peeked at mark.

"mark, do something. why can't i say anyhting?!"

"yo!" jackson yelled to mark's face and slapped him hardly on his cheek.

"ow."

"there! i fixed him." jackson smiled. mark glared at him.

"is something wrong, mark?" sana asked, obviously concerned by her tone.

"uh, no." jackson and jaebum looked at each other, and by each other's looks, they knew they were thinking the same thing; leave these two alone.

"jac-jackson, do you hear that? i think momo and mina are calling us." jaebum said and cupped his hand beside his ear.

"yeah, i do."

"ha-ha, nice try. mina and momo are late again." sana glared at them.

"no, they're not. they're there." jackson pointed to the school's front door. mina and momo stood there.

their girlfriends called out their names, "ha-ha, nice try. now they are actually calling us." jackson stuck his tongue out to sana as jaebum pulled him away.

"well, are you okay?" she repeated. mark started stuttering and began sweating. he was getting a bit nervous but he didn't exactly know why.

"yes or no?" she was obviously concerned and that's where she was confused.

"hey, are─"

"yes, i am!" he suddenly yelled. all the students in the halls looked at him and began murmuring to each other.

"why'd you do that?"

"uh, nothing. sorry. i'm just─i don't exactly feel well, but better than sick, i guess." mark scratched the back of his head.

"you're sweating, like, a lot. what's wrong?"

"why do you have to be concerned? i'm fine, trust me." he smiled a bit.

"really? 'cuz just a few seconds ago, you said you weren't exactly feeling well."

"then, i said 'better than sick'." sana crossed her arms and tapped her finger on her arm, rapidly.

"fine. see you, i guess." she held her backpack's straps and started walking away. mark groaned at himself when sana was out of his sight.

"i hate myself! why couldn't i ask─"

"hyung!"

"jackson, jaebum! hey, you're back! whoop-dee-doo!" he exclaimed.

"okay...?" jaebum and jackson stared at each other, in confusion. the school bells rang and everyone in the halls left and went into their classrooms.

"well, gotta go." jaebum said, nonchalantly, and left to his class.

"yeah, see ya." jackson also left, leaving mark alone in the halls.

"class. where's my next─oh, yeah. math." when mark finally remembered where he was supposed to go, he rushed there.

;-;

"has he asked you out yet?" mina was eager to know. sana rolled her eyes and shook her head, "no, he will not! even if he does─"

"you'll have to accept, it's part of the dare." momo shrugged.

"no, it isn't!" sana yelled. she turned to mina and saw that she agreed with momo. sana scoffed in disbelief then, her phone chimed.

unknown:
stay away from mark

sana stared at this text in confusion. she tried to figure this out.

you:
who is this?

unknown:
i know you me
you just dont know who i am

you:
that doesn't make sense..

unknown:
who cares?!
if i ever see you with him again
you will regret it

user logged out

"who's that?" momo asked as she tried to take a quick peek on my phone.

"none of your business, creep!" she held her phone against her chest, hiding the random texts from momo.

"mark? ooh, mark!" momo squealed.

"no! it isn't!"

;-;

sana is still confused about who texted her that day, and mark is confused for the same reason but if sana sent the text is his problem. sana knows she didn't; she got one herself. sana stared at the text as she layed down on her bed.

"who could this be? is it someone who's always there when mark and i are together?" she bit her cheek from the inside.

she clicked her tongue several times as she thought. she finally thought of something; text mark and ask.

she took her phone and texted mark.

you:
mark
do u know anyone thats
always with us when were
together?

mark heard his phone chime. he took it from on top of his drawer. when he saw it was sana, he told himself to calm down.

he finally decided to reply.

mark:
yeah
jackson
jaebum
mina
momo

you:
eXACTLY!!

she put her phone down and layed on her bed again. her phone chimed but she ignored it, thinking it was mark.

it chimed again.

and, again.

again...

then she decided to respond to this person. she took her phone. she was gonna text 'shut up' but then she saw that it wasn't mark.

it was the unknown texter.

unknown:
hey
sana
huh
having problems finding
out who i am?

you:
just tell me who u are

unknown:
but u already know
who i am

you:
whats your name?

unknown:
fine
you really wanna know?

you:
yes

unknown:
dont you remeber me?
bestie?

sana gasped as she saw this text. "out of all the people," she said. "why would she want to betray me?"

;-;

i think i tried to make this cool and myesterious but was it?