"To be fair, neither do a lot of guys." Hermes said with a shrug.

"Speak for yourself, I know plenty about horses." Poseidon smiled. He winked at Percy.

His son gave a strained smile in return.

That was the worst joke I've ever heard in my life... he decided.

Hazel was also Frank's girlfriend, so Leo knew he should keep his distance.

"How many times is this going to be mentioned? We get it, she's Frank's girlfriend! I'm not going to try to go beyond the friendzone! I'm perfectly happy with being 'just friends'." Leo said firmly, taking double-sided tape out of his tool belt.

"Right now it seems you don't." Aphrodite pointed out with a smile.

"Right now I'm being an idiot." Leo said flatly. "Seriously, who likes someone who is already taken?"

Hephaestus wordlessly glared at Ares.

The goddess of love giggled.

"Oh, Leo! You can't help who you like! The heart wants what it wants." she recited to him.

"Yeah? Well, I'm glad my heart wants someone else." he heard himself say. He paused. 

Why did I say that?! he mentally screamed. I don't like Calypso!

"Forget I said anything!" Leo said quickly. He wasn't sure who he was telling that to, himself or everyone else in the room.

"Too late!" the goddess squealed. "It's the seamstress, isn't it?"

"That's none of your business!"

"I'm the goddess of love, honey! It is my business!"

"I don't have to tell you anything!"

"Just let the boy have his secret." Hephaestus sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Fine!" Aphrodite huffed. She gave Leo a smirk. "I'll find out later anyway."

Leo's eyes widened as Lacy kept reading.

Still, her hair smelled good, and riding with her made his heart race almost against his will. It must've been the speed of the horse.

Aphrodite was cracking up again, but Leo didn't focus on her or the story. Instead he thought back to what the goddess had said.

She'll find out later? Does she mean in the book? Leo thought worriedly. He glanced at The Mark of Athena, before he softly shook his head. No, that's too far back, it wouldn't mention anything about Calypso. But what about...?

Tensing, he slowly turned to the last book sitting innocently on Zeus' armrest.

Leo swallowed. Nemesis... If you're as fair as you think you are, you wouldn't do that to me.

Arion thundered onto the beach. He stomped his hooves and whinnied triumphantly, like Coach Hedge yelling a battle cry.

"Please don't compare the two, my Arion is a much more gentler soul." Demeter said.

Poseidon snorted at that. He loved his son as much as Demeter did, but gentle was not something he would describe the horse.

Hazel and Leo dismounted. Arion pawed the sand.

"He needs to eat," Hazel explained. "He likes gold, but—"