Last word

"So do you insist that the feeling of sincere patriotism in relation to the homeland and readiness to destroy its outside enemies maybe not only negative but is also fatal, a harmful trait of the human person?"

"Such a "patriotism" is your curse. These are your chains – threads, through which you are very convenient to be operated by someone another. Because of this distorted "feeling of sincere patriotism" wars have been waged on the Earth and some of them are still going on, for its sake you sacrifice things much more important than the goals of your politicians. It's not even patriotism, it's plain and total blindness. You keep killing others and singing in joy – for it promotes achievements of the aims of your state... Greatest of goals?

Are these truly your purposes? Do you really want to slaughter each other? Maybe those ones, whom you innocently kill, want it to? Whose goals are these – yours or injected into your consciences by the political establishment, injected very skillfully, even sweetened a bit for greater persuasiveness? You have already faced terrorism in own lives and have come through it. But when you are ready for natural resources to wage terrorism in a much greater scale for "peaceful" purposes, as you are trying to believe, – it's not greater and obvious crime against the humanity? And what is most stunning – is that you do not consider such actions as any crime, but rather as the good of your own country, your nation and you as a part of it.

You have been transformed into puppets in hands of your politicians, you became their ideological slaves. You even cannot say "no" when it's truly needed when the time demands it. That's the problem. You are being sent on a slaughter – and you go on a slaughter. You are being sent into a battle for the next piece of unowned resources – and you are ready to die "for the glory of your motherland". You are not even free, you have never been free. You only dream of it, sing about it, speak among each other about it. And when the time comes for you to say "no", you are saying "yes" instead.

That's the greatest problem of entire mankind history – that the man is too suggestible, too controllable, for he is too weak to be his own master and there are always those who can readily take advantage of it and use it for their own sake. And it will always be so – just until you become the masters of your own life. Remember it, remember that well. Your future depends on it."

***

Spacious apartments. The heavy oak table near a wall sideways from a window. The ancient wall clocks which are beating out their mysterious rhythm. The icon of the Savior in a gilt frame on one of the walls...

"Bom... bom... bom..." the clocks beat slowly and methodically. And once again, "bom... bom... bom..."

"Mister President, we suspect that you should familiarize yourself with these materials. It's important for the stability of our power."

"Demonstrate."

A soft flash – and the video display comes to life. Lines and words, words and discussions, discussions and thoughts. After only fifteen minutes the demonstration of provided "materials" comes to an end. Ten seconds of silence...

"What sort of clown is that? Yet one more fighter for illusionary freedom and all. I'm stuffed up with that nonsense. Remove him."

Five seconds of silence...

"Are you sure, Mister President?"

"Just remove him. And, well, take care of his family, of course. Do not refuse them in indemnification for his "accidental" death. And don't let ones like him into our TV channels, or you can forget about your jobs. That is my last word. Is everything clear? Nice. So – what's the next thing on our today's agenda?"

The heavy oak table near a wall sideways from a window. The icon of the Savior in a gilt frame. The ancient wall clocks, beating out some mysterious rhythm...

"Bom... bom... bom..."

And once again, "bom... bom... bom..."

05.08.2005