How fantasy heroes will battle with the Ancient Red Dragon

1. Warrior

There is nothing easier for him than to defeat some unfledged flying lizard. Before entering the den of a dragon he triply loudly tries to challenge him on a "fair fight" and then, having received only silence in reply, barges into the lair himself. Feeling absolutely no confusion from a view of a heap of bones and skulls, scattered through the lair (he had to see much more intriguing things in battles, after all), finds a lurked dragon. Performs a short war-call speech, like "Into the battle!" to encourage himself, and straight off rushes into a fight. When the dragon tries to breathe a fire on him, instinctively defends with a shield. After that the dragon needs only to have a supper from the next titbit of a roasted meat, spitting out indigestible iron trinkets in a process.

2. Thief

Waits for a whole year to choose the longest and darkest night possible. This night creeps to a den exactly at midnight. Thoroughly searches for a secret door. Having found none, opens front entrance with a lockpick, and makes a way in a den on tiptoe, trying not to make much noise (who knows, maybe dragon suddenly does not sleep yet?). Searches heaps of bones and skulls in a search of valuables. Finds a sleeping dragon. Accurately walk around, setting the traps he has brought with himself. Hides in a shade behind a stone and throws a poisoned dagger from his cover. When a dragon, having awakened from something light, which has struck him and slid off his scales, half-asleep breathes a fire, illuminating at least half of his den, the thief tries to hide in a shade of the flashed fire. After that the dragon needs only to have a supper from the next titbit of a roasted meat, spitting out all those jewelry in a process, previously concealed by a dragon and then pocketed by a thief, which now have been returned to their lawful legal owner once again.

3. Priest

Before going to a campaign against a dragon, thoroughly prays to his gods for them to strengthen his belief and grant him their divine aid in a battle with a winged demon. Going to a campaign, he stocks up with several liters of holy water. Having at last reached journey's point of destination, he approaches a den and blesses himself. Being inspired by the made successes, he fearlessly enters the lair. Tries to revive the souls of living beings, sent into nonexistence by the winged demon previously, by casting "Raise Read" spell and splashing holy water on them. When a dragon, having noticed this obscenity, flies close to a priest, the priest blesses himself once again with a sacred sign, shouting: "I banish you, evil one!". He has the time to cast "Bless", "Divine Favor", "Prayer", "Holy Word" and "Fire Resistance" before the dragon spits a stream of fire on him. Breathed fire heats up an armor of the priest to 50 °C and then in his last efforts the servant of gods tries to extinguish the fire around him with last remnants of holy water. After that, the dragon needs only to breath a fire stream once more to have a supper from the next tidbit of a roasted meat, having satisfied his thirst with several liters of holy water, yet not splashed by a faithless priest.

4. Paladin

He has been born to struggle against such evils that destroy settlements of innocent peasants and eat their virgin girls. Having not the slightest sign of hesitation and fear, wasting no unnecessary words (except for something like "For the sake of justice!") goes on a campaign against the dragon. After many days of traveling and having reached a lair, enters it fearlessly. Having not the slightest sign of hesitation and fear bravely walks over the heaps of bones and skulls through a den. Seeing a dragon shouts – "Godless creature! Today's yours Doomsday!" – and heads into the battle, swinging his sparkling sword "Holy Avenger +5". Has not the slightest sign of hesitation and fear when an exhaled stream of fire comes near him. After that his armor, heated up to 120 °C, surpasses in the degree of brilliance even his sacred sword. After that the dragon needs only to have a supper from the next tidbit of a roasted meat, having carefully spat out (and have added to the already impressive list of his treasures) "Holy Avenger +5" sword.