Born for life

"Mummy, mummy, look, it's the shop I have told you about! Let's go there and you buy me that big transformer that I have asked, ok?"

"No, sonny, you'll get a transformer on your birthday – and currently we have no money for such entertainments."

"But mummy, please! I have begged you of that for so long. I want that transformer I've told you so much! He's the leader of good transformers which are battling with Megatron, I want exactly him! Please, mummy, buy! And I will clear all my room, ok? Well, mummy, ok? Will you buy?"

"Pavel, no. I have already told you – I cannot buy it for you at present. Only on your birthday. But now I cannot. I cannot. All right, and now let's go buy some food. We shall make something tasty for a supper, well?"

"All right..." but there is was no way possible to tell by the voice of a kid that he would gladly trade off the possibility to possess a toy of his dream for one tasty pie or cake.

Mother – still a rather young woman of thirty years and her son – one could give him five-six year judging by his look, – turned away and starting moving into the opposite from a toy shop direction. The child sighed and finally turned away his look. He didn't manage to beg mummy once again, and this means that he'll have to wait for several more month to get his favorite toy... However, they didn't manage to travel for long.

"Lena! Lenochka, is that you?" and some woman approached his mother.

His mother turned to face her and a smile appeared on her face.

"Olga! Hello! By what ways have you managed to be here?"

"I am on a business trip. Public relations, business meetings. Well, you understand me," and she smiled. "Well, and how are you living?"

"Normally. Not so smartly as you do, certainly, but quite well nevertheless."

They kept silence for a while.

"After all, we haven't seen each other for ten years..." for some reason his mother said this even somehow sadly.

"Yes, ten years... How fast did they pass for me... just like an instant. And what about you?"

"No, for me it was not quick. They were interesting for me. Totally thanks to him," and his mother pointed to him with a hand.

"Oh, that must be Pa... Pavel, right? And I remember him being a tiny child... Hello, Pavlik," said this woman and, having stretched his hand, added, "give a woman a hand!"

He looked at his mother. She was smiling as if saying – "well, sonny, greet this aunt". Then he transferred his look to the unfamiliar woman and slightly given her his hand. When she has taken his small palm into her own as if some sort of cold and at the same time burning wave passed through it. He fitfully, sharply and awkwardly drawn his hand aside.

"Just look at how unsociably are we!" the unfamiliar woman frowned eyebrows and pursed her lips. "Well, fine, if you don't want to greet me well – have it your way. At least I have no such problems," she added slightly more silently. "Listen, Lenysya. I stopped here in one hotel for about five days. I could call on you somehow – let's talk with each other, after all, we haven't met for quite a while, old friends, that sort of things," the stranger woman smiled. "Well, how's that?"

His mother reflected for a while.

"All right," she answered about five seconds after. "I will gladly meet with you. Come tonight – I write down my street address to you."

Then there were digging in bags, searches for pieces of paper, specifications of address. He listened no more. When after ten more minutes his mother finally said goodbye to that woman, she approached him, winked and told – "Today aunt Olya will come to us. Be the clear head and behave well," and mother kissed him on a forehead.