Winhart

~Lucy pov~

Dear Mom,
It has been a month since I left, I'm getting used to the cold and it's getting easier to wake up early. I've met everyone in the village, well the ones who live here during the winter anyways. Everyone is really nice, though some can be a bit crazy. I'm learning so much here. A woman named Jenny is teaching me her plant magic, it is really hard to learn since it's so cold. She has me wake up an hour before the sun comes up, I guess that's why I've been getting tired more easily. A lot of the kids up here are orphans but everyone takes care of them, and they all have such amazing talent. A young girl named Isabelle is an amazing inventor, Sara makes beautiful clothes and Tomas may be a better shot then Alzack and Bisca, but don't tell them I said that. I'm finally getting used to living here, although I pretty much do the same thing everyday, unless the siren rings of course. I guess I should explain why, the siren is an early warning system. There are three sirens, each one means something different. One means avalanche, the second one means Vulcan, and the third is a heavy snowstorm or blizzard. When the siren calls everyone has to go to a specific area, for the first one the magic users surround the town with a barrier, the second means that everyone stays inside as me, Mr. Tundra, or Jason Fury take care of the Vulcan, and the third just means that everyone has to go to Tilly's since it is the safest place during a storm. It is beautiful up here despite the dangers, no wonder people choose live here.
Love, Lucy

Just as I finished writing my letter, I heard a familiar voice call out, "Miss Lucy, can you show us your snow man dog thing again?" I looked out the window next to my desk and sure enough were the Goodwill siblings and Isabelle.

"Alright, but how about you all came inside and help me make some cookies?" I told them as I rose from my seat. 

"YAY!!! Thank you Miss Lucy!" Miri Goodwill said excited. She was the youngest of her siblings being around five years of age, and was one of the sweetest kids I have ever met. 

"Yes thank you Lucy." Sara the oldest of the trio said, "You two have to thank her too." She whispered smacking her brother Thomas upside the head and setting a hand on Isabelle's shoulder.

"Thank you." They both responded.

"No problem, but I should be the one thanking you guys for helping me." I answered giggling. They remind me of the guild. Everyone here is just a little bit of the good kind of crazy. 

I was in the kitchen already and begun taking the ingredients out as they piled in. "don't forget to take of your coats." I told them. Suddenly the siren rang. Avalanche. "Shoot! You four go to the cellar right now. I'll be back in just a bit okay." They all nodded and ran to the door which led to my basement. 

As fast as I could, I grabbed my keys and ran to my spot on the north side of town, facing the small forest. "Open! Gate of the Ram! Aries!" I shouted, summoning the fluffy pink apologizing spirit. "You know what to do, right?"

She nodded and promptly created a large wool wall spanning the length of the small village. "I hope I did alright, I'm sorry." The spirit apologized yet again. I'm starting to feel a bit dizzy, why is it so hard to breath? I suddenly fell over. "MISS LUCY!!! Someone help!!!"

~Rose Schylar pov~

"MISS LUCY!!! Someone help!!!" That sounded like one of Lucy's spirits, the timid one that apologizes for everything. Something must of happened to Lucy. I left my post, something we are not supposed to do. But I had to, I am the only doctor on this mountain. I had to help Lucy.

"Doctor Rose, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do." The fluffy girl said crying.

"You should probably go back, her body will need to focus on healing it self." The girl nodded and vanished in a sparkly light. Spirits are weird. I carefully checked the blonde woman, she was still breathing. I picked her up. Actually I tried to but just ended up dragging her to the closest building. Bringing her inside, I set her on the couch. The siren rang again, letting us know the danger was over. Coming out of the basement was a familiar flirt. "Jason, I need you to run and tell Will that Lucy collapsed." I ordered the man.

"Alright Rose." He said scared. He knew better then to flirt with me when I'm taking care of a patient, the last time he did... Let's just say he learned his lesson the hard way. He ran out the door, pausing only to grab his boots and coat. I grabbed an extra blanket and covered Lucy with it while I went through my medical bag. I grabbed what I needed and got to work.

"What happened?" I turned around to the sound of my old friends voice. 

"I don't know yet, but what I do know is that it's not hypothermia. I'm thinking exhaustion." 

"That's good I think."

"We just have to wait for her to wake up."

~Lucy pov~

I'm surrounded by darkness, I hear voices around me. But I don't see anyone. I feel cold, yet warm? What happened, everything's fuzzy.

"I think she's waking up." Someone murmured. I opened my eyes, the light was so bright. I quickly closed my eyes again and covered them with my arm.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice sounded a bit odd.

"You blacked out during the siren."

"WHAT! I'm so sorry." I whispered, my throat felt dry.

"It's not your fault and besides, your spirit already apologized five times." This made me giggle, it sounded like her. "Can you tell us what happened before you collapsed.

"I felt dizzy and I think it was hard to breath." I opened my eyes again and slowly sat up, around me were Jason, Will, and Rose. Rose was looking a bit confused.

"That sounds like magic depletion, did you use any magic before the siren?" I shook my head but that just caused me to get dizzy again. "I'm need to do some tests, let's head to the clinic."

I nodded and slowly rose from the couch with the help of Jason. "Let's go." 

~One Hour Later~

I was sitting in a chair waiting, when Dr. Rose came out smiling, "Good news Lucy, your in perfect health."

"Then why did I pass out like that?"

"Well your pregnant!"

"WHAT!!!" That can't be possible, right?