Ten Years Later

A/N Please tell me if you see any mistakes

~Nashi pov~

"Happy birthday Nashi, its time for breakfast." My mother's soft voice whispered as she knocked on the door. Today was my 9th birthday, every year we bake a cake together and it is really fun

"Hmm," I mumbled into my pillow, burrowing deeper into the blankets, not wanting to get up. My mom entered and sat down on the edge of my bed, lightly shaking my shoulder. She whispered in my ear, "I made waffles." This got me up and out of bed, she laughed and followed me as I ran down the stairs to the kitchen table where the glorious food was at. I ate faster than humanly possible. My mother left the room and came back with a small wrapped box and Uncle Loke following her.

"We have some gifts for you," Mom said handing me the box as Loke handed me another. I opened the one from mom first, inside was a beautiful silver heart locket with a picture of us and Mom's spirits inside, I thanked her and told her I loved it.

"All of us pitched in to get you this." Uncle Loki said as I grabbed the other gift. I opened the lid and inside was a key ring that had a single silver gate key on it, the Key of Ursa Minor. I started crying, it was my first Gate Key. "Why are you crying?" Loke asked worried, "You don't like it do you?" He said sounding defeated.

"No, its not that," I replied, "I love it, its amazing, Thank you so much!" I gave him a hug and he seemed relieved. Suddenly I felt very cold, I hate being cold, my vision blurring, my head started to hurt, I brought my hand up to my head. I blacked out.

I wake up at the local clinic, I heard some people talking in the other room.

~Lucy pov~

"NASHI!" I yelled as she fell to the floor. I quickly picked her up, she was freezing to the touch. Loke put his hand on my shoulder.

"We have to get her to Doctor Rose." He said taking Nashi out of my arms and carrying her out the door I grabbed her jacket and followed.

~At the Clinic~

Rose just finished examining Nashi and came out to talk to us. "Is she sick?" I asked worriedly.

Rose smile and said, "Lucy you have nothing to worry about, its just her magic is revealing itself. She should wake up any moment now, and you guys can leave as soon as she does."

"Really, that's good to hear," I replied relieved, "but what type of magic does she have?"

"Some form of ice magic, which is common considering where we live," she answered, smiling, "However I haven't seen this form of ice magic before, it is quite powerful." I'm relieved its a type that someone here can teach her to control, but... Nashi hates being cold and ice mages are always cold. Great. I heard the door open and saw my beautiful raven haired daughter standing in the doorway.

"Come on Nashi, Doctor Rose says we can leave," I told her as I picked up my purse, "Let's go home and make a cake."

"Ok," She replied cheerfully, putting on her jacket, "Can it have yellow frosting and sprinkles."

"Of course sweety, anything you want, it is your birthday after all."

"And after can I play with Caleb and Isabelle."

"You'll have to ask Caleb's parents, and Isabelle is busy today, but I'm sure they both will be able to play."

~Nashi pov~

We were in the kitchen mixing up the cake batter when we heard a crash from the living room. Mommy looked really scared.

 She placed her gloved hand on my shoulder, "Nashi, I need you to listen to me, you can't forget anything I tell you ok," Mom said, distracted, I nodded my head, "Take my keys and emergency money, go to your room and grab your emergency bag, get out of the house using the ladder by the window and run to Jenny's, stay there for 2 hours, if I don't come get you go directly to Fairytail, OK" I nodded my head again as she handed me her keys, I ran upstairs. I wasn't worried, I knew she would come get me, we have done this before and she always came to get me. I grabbed my bag went out the window and ran to Mommy's friend Jenny that lived just down the street.

2 hours passed

Then 3

4 hours passed before I headed to the lift that would bring me to the bottom of the mountain, where the train station was at. It was a slow ride down the mountain that I called my home. I was leaving and maybe never coming back. I'm scared.

A/N I'm trying to make Nashi's personality similar to different people at Fairytale but I'm not sure if it seems that way. Also some information about Rose, Rose is the only doctor in Winhart, she is snow-make wizard, it is pretty much ice-make but weaker. And information about Jenny, Jenny helped Lucy alot when she was pregnant, Jenny is a wizard that can control plants, she taught Lucy some of the basics of this magic, Jenny is the local herbalist, and Rose's younger sister and they often work together.