They hesitated, even Percy seemed to freeze at the question.

Annabeth's frown deepened. "Right?"

"For the most part, you can keep a cool head..." Connor ventured. "But when you're mad, you're fricking terrifying." He shuddered before turning to his brother. "Remember when Annabeth tried to kill me? If you and Luke hadn't been there to pull her off..." 

Connor trailed off. His eyes went vacant as if reliving the moment.

Leo stared at him in horror before giving Annabeth a cautious glance.

She scoffed at the Stoll.

"Don't feel bad for him." Annabeth told Leo. She scowled at Connor. "He deserved what he got, after he put a tarantula in my bunk! You know how I feel about spiders!"

"Gonna have to side with Annabeth on this one, dude." Travis agreed. "That was a dumb idea."

Connor snapped out of his daze and glared at him. "I did it because you dared me!"

"And I didn't think you'd be stupid to do it!" Travis snapped. "Com'on Connor, really? Put a tarantula in Annabeth's bunk? Did that sound smart to you? At least put it in Malcolm's. He wouldn't have tried to rip your arms off!"

Connor rubbed his shoulder. "I can still feel the pain sometimes..."

"And you still prank our cabin, so you obviously didn't learn anything." Annabeth rolled her eyes.

Note to self: Catch and release every spider found on the Argo II. Leo thought cautiously.

Coach Hedge with his furry goat legs, his orange polo shirt, and his baseball bat (did he have to carry that everywhere?), 

"As long as he's not using it for anything, it's fine..." Grover said with a sigh.

and the newcomer, Frank. Leo wasn't sure what to make of Frank. He looked like a baby sumo wrestler,

 A couple people laughed at this.

"Ouch!" Hermes chuckled. "I hope you didn't say that to him!"

"No! I don't have a death wish!" Leo replied, smiling despite his words.

He unbuttoned his jacket.

Annabeth crossed her arms. "You mean you don't remember?"

"I..." Leo felt like he was trying to swallow a marble. "I remember, but it's like I was watching myself do things. I couldn't control it."

"That must've been terrible." Katie frowned.

"I didn't know what was happening, I thought I was going crazy." Leo said. 

..."Look, kid," Hedge said, "you blew up some stuff. You attacked some Romans. Awesome! Excellent!

Athena smirked in agreement. That was the best part of the entire book.

"What?" Annabeth said flatly.

"He's joking, right?" Percy deadpanned. 

"No, he's not." Grover said, looking unimpressed.

But did you have to knock out the satellite channels? I was right in the middle of watching a cage match."

"Oh my gods..." Annabeth breathed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Somebody give him something to do. I can't listen to this anymore."