"Does having the upperhand really mean that much to you?" Yoojung sighed. "I mean, do you want them to go around continuing to make use of people?"

Jennie shrugged. "It's their life. And besides, people need to make such fake friends at least once in their lives to learn the lesson I did. It's kinda like a filtering of friends." Jennie paused to think. "Actually, I think I'm pretty grateful this happened. Besides, you're my BFF now. Hitting two birds with one stone. Good for me! HA!"

Yoojung shook her head. "Your logic baffles me sometimes."

At that moment, Doyeon walked over. "Jennie, what's happening? Why aren't you friends with the two of them anymore?"

Jennie scoffed. "You tell me."

"What?" Doyeon took a seat next to her. "What are you talking about?"

"You can't not know anything about this," Jennie insisted. "All these conversations you guys have been having without me..."

"What?" A look of realisation spread across Doyeon's face. "Oh... that. I'm sorry, I just didn't wanna worry you. My dad was getting better too, I knew you probably had too much-"

"What?" Jennie was bewildered. "What are you talking about?"

"My dad's operation, right?" Doyeon said, looking confused. "You're upset I didn't tell you, aren't you?"

"What?!" Jennie spat. "Your dad's in operation? Is he alright?"

"Yeah, much better..." Doyeon frowned. "Don't be mad anymore, Jennie. I swear I didn't mean to-"

"No, you idiot!" Jennie frowned. "I'm mad that you guys have been badmouthing me behind my back and you guys all secretly hate me-"

"What?!" Doyeon exclaimed. "Why would we hate you?!"

"They do..." Jennie said, glancing over at Yongsun and Chaeyoung who were whispering between themselves.

"What?!" Doyeon glared at the two of them, before looking back at Jennie.

"I mean," Jennie sighed. "They make some sense. Haven't I treated you guys badly all this while?"

"No!" Doyeon shook her head. "I mean, maybe a little, in the past. But now you're... great!"

"Then... did you hate me in the past?" Jennie pursed her lips. "Since I was mean to you in the past."

"No, Jennie!" Doyeon exclaimed, hugging Jennie tight. "You're the one who wanted me to be your friend since the first day we met... Without you, I wouldn't have any friends! Even when there are times that you are moody, I know you still care for me! I'll never ever hate you!"

Jennie closed her eyes, swallowing hard to prevent her tears from falling, and hugged Doyeon back.

As Yoojung watched the two, a huge smile formed on her face. She walked back to her seat quietly.

"Good for you, Jennie Kim."

~

"Lee Jieun from Class 12B, please report to the principal's office after class. I repeat, Lee Jieun from Class 12B, please report to the principal's office after class."

It was a nightmare.

Class had just ended that day and Jieun was packing up her bag as usual, when the announcement came. She had spent the entire day worrying about what might come out of the investigation, when the announcement would come and how it would sound like. She had thought up a million different ways of how she would feel, but how she felt at that moment was worse than any single possibility she had thought of.