VOL.2 [Chapter 11, Alyssa's eighteenth birthday]

Start from the beginning

"Yes Dear, they came here to talk about bettering connections between our countries. So the King and Queen are here to help prevent problems with other countries as well." Alyssa spoke calmly and I opened the door to Alina's room.

While Alina changed into her pyjamas she pulled her halter top shirt over her head and tied the straps of the shirt behind her neck.

When Alina stood proudly in her fine cotton pyjamas she hopped onto her bed and Alyssa pulled the sheets over her to cover her.

"Good night Dear." Alyssa whispered and kissed Alina on the forehead where she lay.

"Good night." I spoke softly and placed a gentle kiss on my daughter's forehead and gave her a quick hug as she began searching for a comfortable position and spread her copper scaled wings under the sheets.

Silently leaving the room Alyssa and I closed the door and returned to the parlor where the Forge King and Queen sat with Miyako and Seleris, but I was a little worried about having left our two royal guests with those two.

"Miyako!" I shouted the moment Alyssa and I came around the corner, returning to the parlor.

"Oh heya, you're back!" Miyako called cheerily as she sat seductively in the lap of Fore King Jornit Mourningforge as he did not know where to look with a bright red blush on his face.

The blush I could certainly understand with his dwarven posture, hs face was at the same height as Miyako's large and almost entirely exposed bust.

Queen Thruna sat next to the two with an expression that clearly showed her inability to act upon this odd situation.

"Seriously, I'd have thought the Mother of Kitsune would know better than trying to seduce royalty while his wife is sitting right next to him!" I thundered and saw Miyako's large vulpine ears flatten against her head as her tail all began to bristle.

"Wh-what!?" She exclaimed in utter shock and leapt from King Jornit's lap, leaving him with a slightly saddened look and a face so red a tomato was lightly colored in comparison.

"I-I d-did-dn't do anything!" She exclaimed in futile retaliation but all I did to respond to her denial, was summon Tyrfing.

"You want to challenge me... my sister taught me a rather useful spell..." I spoke with threatening tone and Miyako's ears perked, before turning forward alertly.

"Y-you wouldn't... would you?" She whimpered, knowing all too well what spell I talked about, while I could tell Alyssa did not completely get the gist of the argument, luckily.

"Try me..." I answered Lady Miyako, who now stood cowering before me as she lowered her head.

"I'm telling Odin-Boy about this!" She screamed as tears flowed from her eyes as she ran off into the hallway and vanished from sight.

"I... I didn't think you would threaten a Goddess like that, Brother..." Seleris spoke in utter shock as she turned to face me after watching the crying Miyako run off like that.

"Well... I wouldn't have used that spell on her, I don't intend to kill our own Gods. But I just had to scare her a little to get some sense into that thick skull of her." I replied and heard a shriek from Alyssa next to me.

"Y-you threatened her w-w-with th-that spell...?" She asked in confusion and I silently nodded, hanging my head as I knew I had 'spoken' of using such a dangerous spell rather lightly, even if I myself knew I would not wipe Miyako's existence from the history books, Alyssa did not know that from just hearing me threaten the birth mother of her kin like that.

"Sorry for that Aly, I can tell you for sure I was not actually planning on using the spell itself, only threaten her with it. She really need to learn some common sense." I replied, apologizing to Alyssa who stood trembling next to me.